Next generation trading platform seeks an experienced VP, Counterparty Risk to work with their New York-based trading desk.
A next generation trading platform seeks to hire an experienced VP, Counterparty Risk to join their New York-based team.
In this high visibility, standalone role, the VP will be responsible for the following:
- face-off with the trading desk on all counterparty risk matters;
- handle analysis and review of all credit risk issues;
- perform due diligence and monitoring of clients and counterparties;
- prepare and deliver of credit packages to trading desk and business management;
- trade approvals, initial credit reviews, monitoring of credit exposures, and annual reviews;
- establish and develop credit risk management policies and procedures;
- coordinate with technology to improve risk reporting and related analytical tools;
- ad hoc project work as required.
The successful candidate will bring the following:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a similar role at a financial institution;
- Experience liaising with, and presenting to, traders and senior management;
- Experience in financial statement analysis;
- Experience in credit underwriting/analysis, formal credit training a plus;
- Able to negotiate basic credit terms in legal documentation (ISDA etc.);
- Able to build rapport and relationships with external clients and counterparties;
- Highly collaborative and able to partner with compliance, finance, legal, operations, sales and trading;
- Experience developing advanced analytical tools;
- Delivery-focused and able to operate effectively to meet deadlines and time-sensitive tasks;
- Asset Class / Product agnostic, but must be open to learning;
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Advanced skills in Excel, VBA and SQL;
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in economics, engineering, finance, math, quant, science or statistics from a top school.
A highly competitive compensation package is on offer to the successful candidate.