- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
VP, Corporate Insurance and Risk Management
Location: New York, NY, USAObjective
Position is responsible for Moody's global risk management and insurance activities, including procurement of management liability, cyber, property and casualty, employment practices, environmental, business travel accident insurance, contractual risk transfer and a captive insurance company, as well as providing leadership to the company's enterprise risk management (ERM) process.
- Manage the global insurance programs, including management liability (directors and officers, errors and omissions), cyber, employment practices, fiduciary and commercial crime, property and casualty for all Moody's offices, business travel accident, and business interruption.
- Develop and manage business relationships with the company's principal insurance brokers and underwriters, including regular assessments of their ability to meet Moody's insurance needs at a reasonable cost.
- Design and recommend global insurance strategies in coordination with Moody's legal team and other senior managers, and obtain CEO approval for implementation of annual insurance renewal plan.
- Lead annual insurance renewal process with prospective underwriting companies to provide appropriate information about Moody's and negotiate policy terms and conditions.
- Evaluate and recommend best practices and improved methodologies to ensure Moody's maintains a robust ERM process. Lead oversight of ERM process and coordinate integration with acquired companies.
- Review insurance programs during acquisition due diligence and lead integration of Moody's insurance policies and practices with acquired companies.
- Lead review and procurement of M&A-related representations and warranties insurance coverage to protect Moody's interests in contract terms for acquisition investments.
- Work closely with the tax and legal teams to ensure the company's captive insurance subsidiary meets its strategic objectives and regulatory operating requirements.
- Administer policies such that insurance providers receive timely updates on potential claims, especially for ratings-related matters, and then make sure appropriate claims are filed and processed through to resolution.
- Develop insurance standards and contractual language to support third party relationships and transfer of appropriate risks
- Ensure close coordination with business continuity and corporate security teams.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction
- Global insurance programs that provide extensive coverage for Moody's 12,000 employees and operations in 41 countries
- Interacts with various business and staff functions and senior business management
- Manages direct resources as assigned in order to deliver on stated objectives
- Makes decisions appropriate for level of responsibility, raises concerns to the appropriate level of management and keeps management informed of activities
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in finance, accounting, economics, or other business discipline
- Graduate degree and/or relevant professional risk management qualification a plus
- 10+ years of business experience in corporate insurance and risk management
- Strong technical skills related to insurance and risk management for a global organization
- Thinks critically and is able to identify problems and develop innovative solutions
- Prior experience working with senior leaders in a functional or strategic capacity
- Able to design processes to meet regulatory requirements and insurance policy terms
- Able to work both self-directed as well as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.