- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Oct 17
VP, CSS - Chief of Staff
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Chief of Staff is a strategic partner and advisor to the MIS Chief Credit Officer to help deliver on objectives and drive planning and execution. The successful candidate provides connectivity across the CSS senior leadership team to drive results, improve processes, implement technology changes, strengthen controls, and achieve more efficient operational performance.
• Serve as member of CSS senior leadership team; attend weekly CSS management meetings; coordinate follow up with stakeholders to ensure execution of agreed-upon actions
• Lead selected cross-functional projects within CSS.
• Track CSS projects and initiatives; monitor and report progress against key milestones
• Serve as central contact for infrastructure and control topics (e.g. operational, regulatory, etc.) within CSS. Implement strategies across various CSS teams to bridge any gaps, improve efficiencies or remediate .
• Identify Key Performance Indicators and metrics that will support continuous improvement; provide summary reporting and analysis, highlighting challenges .
• Track execution of CSS' recurring and ad-hoc responsibilities that fulfill regulatory mandates.
• Partner with Business Planning on budget and resourcing for CSS.
• Lead preparation and materials for business reviews, town halls, MCO, MIS and EU board meetings, monthly operating reviews, and other critical team priorities.
• Assist Head of CSS in objective setting, team building and communications.
• Working with Heads of Methodology Development Group, Methodology Review Group and Rating Group Heads, drive operational discipline across methodology development, review and approval, including enhanced reporting and visibility, root cause analysis, and collaboration amongst stakeholders. .
• Serve as CSS representative on Transformation matters and ensure CSS alignment with Transformation objectives
• Support CSS organization in people development and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
• Serve as back-up attendee for CCO at various MIS meetings
• Provide ad hoc support for MCO's ERM process, CCO on Financial Stability Board Task Force on Climate Related Disclosures and CCO on Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Business Advisory Council
• Bachelor degree, advanced degree preferred
• 10 years of related experience
• Strong operational and project background
• Credit experience a plus but not required
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proven ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage multiple, complex bodies of work
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Powerpoint)
• Analytical and problem solving skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.