VP - Talent Development Partner
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The U.S. Talent Management team is located in New York and Jersey City and an off shore resources located in Lisbon. The team covers all Learning and Development and Talent Management activities in the US and helps drive the agenda with our partners in Latin America and Canada.
The Development Partner will support cross divisional projects across the bank, manage core talent programs and initiatives, and develop and implement learning solutions. In order to do this successfully, the individual will need to work closely with the employees in these business lines, including the Business Heads, the relevant HR Business Partners and external vendors. Responsibilities
- Partner closely with HRBPs and HR COEs to strategically manage core Talent processes including, but not limited to, Top Talent Programs, promotions, talent reviews, succession planning, and organizational development initiatives.
- Own end-to-end implementation of annual development offerings and solutions
- Conduct needs analysis to identity gaps at the individual, team and organizational levels through frequent discussions, focus groups, and data collection and analysis as needed.
- Deliver innovative and relevant solutions for employees, managers/leaders, and teams by fully utilizing our internal resources and where applicable, exploring alternative, external solutions.
- Collaborate with HR partners on performance and talent conversations by facilitating robust discussions, influencing, and advising where needed.
- Consult on various people-focused topics while ensuring alignment to the broader Talent and Development team's strategy.
- Manage complex projects/initiatives within the assigned business unit, execute on deliverables, and communicate with stakeholders and key partners.
- Engage with senior leaders to support strategic talent initiatives
- Provide coaching to employees as needed
- Facilitate training for leadership programs
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
- 5+ years of talent and learning experience in a complex organization. Financial services industry is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university
- Advanced PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills
- Proven track record of successful implementation of talent interventions with metrics
- Executive presence and ability to influence, without authority, across various levels within an organization
- Unyielding passion and drive for personal development and learning
- Can develop impactful, client-ready presentations
- Ability to work well both independently and in collaboration with multiple partners
- Is successful in managing multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with an ability to adjust one's style to meet the audience's needs
- Creative and able to translate ideas into reality
- Ability to independently coordinate and interact with senior management. Excellent project management skills, ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Excellent work ethic and ability to work under pressure
- A strong external network with an ability to bring best practice and innovation from the market
- Comfort with data and is able to distill concepts from complex and/or robust information
- Actively participates to foster an inclusive and positive team environment
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable