VP - M&A Activist Defense
VP - M&A Activist Defense New York
This role is regulated by FINRA.
As a Barclays Vice President in the M&A group, you will work with all Banking verticals advising on Corporate defense against both activist investors and unsolicited bids. While partnering with Sustainable and Impact Banking (SIB) as well as Banking coverage, you'll be able to advise on ESG (Environment Social Governance) related opportunities. With your expertise in M&A and defense strategies, you'll also source new opportunities through engagement with internal and external clients.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Leading meetings with clients on activism defense and ESG
- Working with coverage, external counsel and corporates on live defense situations
- Acting as a key resource for bankers to source and interpret client requests on shareholder activism
- Leading execution of M&A mandates related to SIB and ESG
- Frequently interacting with senior persons internally across Banking coverage and M&A
- Winning new mandates and generating ideas
- Leading clients through the documentation of a proxy filing and the types of material generally to be included
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Prior M&A experience in execution and targeting
- Understanding of markets and investment banking
- Ability to read and understand corporate documents and filings
- Knowledge of accounting and modeling, as well as presentation skills
Where will you be working?
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple transactions
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center, and state-of-the-art LED signage on the façade of the building.