- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
VP - Enterprise Application Support
Location: New York, NY, USAThis position will lead the Enterprise Application Support team in the Infrastructure Services Group in Moody's IT division and will manage the overall quality and timely delivery of bespoke and commercial application support services by internal and vendor teams; improve stability & availability with automation; establish and enhance process and governance; ensure knowledge management and continuous service improvement and be accountable for the application support operations to end users and business stakeholders.
This role will be responsible to lead the global application support and work alongside business partners and service delivery teams to enhance the overall efficiency and effectiveness, improve stability, reduce operational risk and operational expenses. This position will also oversee the transition of the support responsibilities of new applications, strategic & roadmap projects to the operation and support teams and will also ensure the smooth off-boarding of legacy applications in scope for retirement.
The role will also be responsible for analyzing current Moody's global IT support organizations and identify inefficiencies that can be addressed or eliminated. This will include identifying technical solutions to time consuming support issues and influencing skills to implement their solutions. The success of this role will be measured by establishing effective and efficient processes and governance, business stakeholder satisfaction and the efficiency the person can bring into long term operations.
Job Knowledge and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and guidance for both the enterprise team members
- Become a valued and trusted partner to our business stakeholders
- Ability to support multiple lines of businesses or applications of medium to highly complex (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) technologies at global level with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility.
- Broker conversations and decisions between the functional SME and technical operations teams, software engineers and consumers of technology, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing or upcoming solutions and their supportability.
- Understand the operations budget and identify opportunities for short and long term efficiencies with cost reductions
- Manage (coordinate, plan and execute) the transition of support activities for all strategic, roadmap and retirement projects.
- Conduct governance reviews with the business sponsors and other stakeholders to develop, enhance and enforce a plan for continuous service improvement.
- Communicate events and their impact to stakeholders, IT teams, and leadership and drive their tactical and long term resolutions.
- Drive the identification and reduction of low / no value tasks and manual intervention work with automation.
- Measure and improve the level of adherence to the established ITIL processes and Compliance standards.
- Identifying trends, prioritize root cause analysis queues, finalize preventive actions and work with the Business Service Delivery team to prioritize development effort for periodic releases.
- Lead coordination with the Service Desk to establish best practices, improve performance of incident handling and request fulfillment activities.
- Collaborate with other cross functional teams to ensure efficiency improvements and ongoing and effective communication with the business.
- Manage vendor teams and enforce the SLAs and SLOs as documented in the corresponding SOWs.
- Working with the Technology Training Group as needed to train end-users for offices worldwide, including the creation and update of training materials.
- Collect first-hand information during incidents and outages and use the same for improvements in products and services.
- Change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations while continue to maintain a strong relationship.
- Create formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Influence and positively impact productivity, efficiency, and overall customer service levels and enhance organization's reputation amongst stakeholders.
- Make decisions and drive results that positively impact (reduce) operational costs.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and the ability to manage and lead functional or cross-functional teams.
- Availability during off hours and weekends to own, manage and help resolve high severity incidents and release activities.
- Must have the ability to:
- learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research
- manage multiple simultaneous deliverables
- understand and analyze client requirements and provide appropriate solutions
With 400 employees and 800 contractors worldwide, Moody's Information Technology ("MIT") is the largest department of Moody's Shared Services and provides end-to-end technology solutions for Moody's Investors Service and Moody's Shared Services, as well as infrastructure for Moody's Analytics. The development and ongoing support of key ratings and enterprise systems ensure the company's premier standing among credit rating agencies and enable its evolution among regulatory and business demands. MIT continuously seeks talented individuals to drive the execution of its technology roadmap, which offers exciting career opportunities in program management, business analysis, enterprise architecture, software development, quality assurance, IT risk management, vendor management, technology operations and service management.
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or related field, or MBA a plus.
- 8+ years of solid, diverse work experience in IT including experience in Technology Operations / Application Development and Infrastructure
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Leadership experience in the management of onshore and offshore teams is required
- Prior experience as a Project Manager or a Business Analyst would be a plus.
- Must be familiar with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification would be a plus
- Knowledge of Capital Markets or Accounting terminology would be a plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.