- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
VP – Senior Credit Office/Manager RMBS Surveillance
Location: New York, NY, USARole/Responsibilities
The opportunity is for an individual to take a senior role and managerial responsibility in the team which is responsible for monitoring all US residential mortgage related transactions including private label and agency RMBS, re-securitizations, single-family rental (SFR), reverse mortgage, and re-performing transactions. The team's key objective is to perform rigorous credit analysis in a timely and efficient manner ensuring high ratings accuracy and providing a high degree of transparency to the market.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with other senior leaders and teams to ensure the team achieves its objectives. The successful candidate will chair rating committees, manage, mentor and coach analytical staff, proactively undertake and independently lead/supervise complex analytical, process and efficiency improvement projects. He/she will work with other senior leaders in the team to improve overall operational efficiencies and ensure that all members of the team apply Moody's policies, procedures and best practices. In addition, the individual is expected to take thought leadership initiatives to enhance our analytics, research and outreach efforts.
- Substantial credit/risk assessment experience for over 12 years gained from a credit rating agency, financial institution, asset management or public accounting firm, or proven equivalent
- Ability to mentor and develop team members at various levels
- Extensive understanding of Structured Finance and Moody's methodologies for rating and monitoring residential mortgage related transactions, as well as financial markets and their regulatory environment. In depth understanding of RMBS market and structures is a plus
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly including the ability to articulate complex analytic and strategic issues and influence audiences of different skill and knowledge levels.
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- High level of integrity, highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; experience with programming (VBA/SQL) and cash flow modeling is a plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.