VP- Business Development
Job Description A senior individual contributor responsible for a complex region or product line, or a senior managerial role, with overall line management responsibility for a small or medium sized team. The individual in this role will be responsible for the design and the delivery of a strategic business development plan to grow business for a significant territory, region and/or line of business. Scope:
- Primary Business Development contact for territory, region and/or line of business responsible for strategic leadership of Business Development activities. Design, implement and improve business development and customer outreach strategies and provide direction and guidance to direct reports to do this also.
- Lead proactive customer outreach program to support and improve the company's market position. Conduct in person meetings with prioritized customers to update them on Moody's Investors Service products in order to secure new rating mandates.
- Become an expert in Moody's product suite and be able to explain every product to both market players and more junior associates.
- Responsible for leading extensive discussions and meetings with mid to senior level market intermediaries issuers and potential customers to explain Moody's rating processes.
- Attend Moody's and industry conferences, briefings and events to develop market contacts and key relationships.
- Responsible for monitoring market, client and competitor activities to identify and assess further opportunities for new business.
- Leads discussion and negotiation on standard and complex terms & conditions with clients. Will coach others to do this also.
- Work with the team leaders to model and analyze the impact of price changes and create new pricing strategies.
- Lead review of budget, forecast and staffing needs of business development strategy for his/her region(s) and/or line of business.
- Responsible for ensuring that internal databases in relation to customer details are maintained accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work with internal stakeholders, such as Account Management, analytical teams, GMO, Billing, and Pricing to develop and co-ordinate projects to improve workflow processes and market outreach
- Expected to travel 40% of the time.
- Ability to effectively and eloquently chair several meetings daily with customers and intermediaries across a large range of different profiles on short notice or with little preparation.
- Speak and communicate convincingly in front of senior management, customers and larger audiences.
- Maintain active relationships with customers and intermediaries at all levels independently and with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrate expert working knowledge of capital markets, the ratings process and has strong analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- High autonomy in achieving business objectives
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Expert level knowledge on financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets in her or his market segment / territory.
- Previous experience in sales & marketing is desired
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.