VP-Strategy & Business Mgmt
Job Description The VP of Strategy & Business Management will be taking leadership in an area that supports our Analytics Tools & Solutions function by focusing on a broad range of activities to identify, develop, and implement new opportunities for MIS that particularly relate to Blockchain and Digital / Crypto Assets. This position will scan the market and undertake research to ensure MIS is well positioned in this emerging ecosystem for internal development of capabilities and products, and external alignment where needed.
They will be expected to take initiative, work independently, lead cross-functional project teams and produce high-quality work. They will need to lead by influence and example, periodically directing the work of others who are part of different lines of business during cross-functional projects. They will need to be poised and confident in working with a broad cross-section of the organization.
include, but are not limited, to:
• Analyze and keep abreast of key technology and other developments and the competitive landscape affecting identify potential opportunities and threats particularly around Blockchain and Digital / Crypto Assets
• Lead internal engagement to address opportunities and challenges, and meet with external partners, such as analysts and accelerators, to bring new ideas to MIS
• Manage Proof of Concepts, Pilots and other development efforts, including identification of potential partners, definition of business and/or technical requirements and project coordination to ensure successful completion
• Partner with internal stakeholders to discuss potential business and/or technology opportunities and / or projects
• Work collaboratively with other members of the ATS team to develop possible new opportunities
• 10+ years of experience in the financial technology industry
• Strong knowledge of financial concepts and deep experience
• Blockchain or FinTech startup experience preferred
• Track record in successful project management, preferably within a commercial banking or capital markets environment
• Must be results-oriented and have a proven ability to get things done through people, including those not under direct management
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.