- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Nov 17
User Experience Designer
Location: New York, NY, USAWe have impact. So will you.
The Moody's Analytics Content team has a great opportunity for a talented, self-motivated Interaction Designer to join our high-performing User Experience Design team. Based in our New York, NY office, and working closely with product strategists, engineers, and fellow designers during all stages of the product development cycle, you will help create a world-class experience for the moodys.com desktop and mobile platforms, as well as several other key web properties that influence financial markets worldwide.
You are a highly collaborative team player who enjoys brainstorming ideas with others. You have a passion for developing elegant solutions to complex usability problems and experience translating business and technology constraints into seamless, well-integrated end user experiences.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our customers' needs, and utilize this knowledge to develop best-in-class features and interfaces
- Create sketches, mockups, wireframes, and functional prototypes in a variety of fidelity levels to effectively communicate and validate interaction and design ideas
- Engage with customers to test design ideas and solutions
- Provide insight and perspectives on advancing the value and usability of new and existing products as well as the overall customer experience
- Work collaboratively with product strategists, developers, and other designers
- BA/BS degree or higher in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Human Computer Interaction, or other digital design or related field
- Demonstrated understanding of interaction and visual design principles; skilled in creating highly detailed, organized wireframe flows, interactions, and information architecture
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, with demonstrable portfolio designing full-service consumer and business applications; experience in enterprise/corporate environments preferred
- Fluency in Axure, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and other industry tools and standards; able to effectively integrate prototyping into the design process
- Ability to distill complicated problems into simple, elegant solutions
- Understanding of front-end technologies, with the ability to communicate designs to developers
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal; must be able to communicate clearly with the core design team as well as other teams in the company
- Excellent attention to detail, quality of work, and time management skills
- Comfort working in a self-directed manner, and in close collaboration with others both inside and outside the design team
- Positive, friendly attitude and solid work ethic
- Experience working in an Agile and/or Lean environment
- Experience in financial services industry
With your application, please include:
- Your resumé
- A note introducing yourself and why this position appeals to you
- A link to an interactive portfolio demonstrating your work experience
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.