UX Visual Designer - Aladdin Product Group
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Aladdin User Experience team is responsible for working with the Aladdin Product Group to ensure we develop applications and capabilities with a user-centered design focus. The Aladdin UX team is made up of UX designers, visual designers, user researchers and UX developers who work together to design new applications, provide design consistency across the Aladdin platform, meet with end users to validate designs and build prototypes of new user interfaces.
BlackRock’s User Experience team is looking for a professional with experience conceptualizing and visualizing user interfaces for large scale enterprise web applications to help us design next generation user interfaces for our Aladdin platform. The person should have solid skills in graphic design, and an excellent eye for typography, clean layout, purposeful color, and refined style. This individual must have a deep appreciation for simple, sleek, usable interfaces. This individual will work closely with our internal and external clients to translate business requirements for data and transaction rich applications into intuitive visual designs.
- Responsible for the conceptualization and implementation of design concepts, graphic images and branding of enterprise applications for web and desktop
- Collaborate with business leaders to translate business goals into cohesive brand and product experiences
- Present and effectively communicate how a creative vision will help achieve goals
- Advanced understanding of information architecture and user interface essentials and how they relate to visual design.
- Works with UX Designers and Usability professionals to create and design visual treatments and interaction solutions that UI and functional specifications.
- Solves complex visual interaction problems with technically viable solutions.
- Articulates multiple concepts and ideas quickly and uses communication skills to influence decisions. Actively solicits feedback to ensure that all activities and deliverables meet expectations.
- Understands the importance of website performance and is motivated to design for extreme optimization.
- 3-5+ years’ experience designing outstanding enterprise applications
- Mastery of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and other visual design toolsets.
- Fluent in HTML, CSS and full knowledge of their capabilities and limitations.
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team, and present ideas and designs effectively.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload, and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- Must be an effective problem solver. Comes up with creative solutions and considers many alternative solutions to each problem.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- BA/BS or above in Graphic Design, Information Design, or other visual arts; strong technical background a plus.
- Portfolio required
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.