Description About this role UX Designer, Associate
Help shape the future of digital experiences at BlackRock! About the Aladdin Sustainability Lab
The Aladdin Sustainability Lab drives the development and delivery of sustainable data, research, analytics, and technology as a product. As a member of the ASL, you will be working with financial modelers, climate scientists and ESG experts to design the best-in-class sustainability product and software for the firm and its clients, to manage risk associated with climate change and ESG in asset management.
The Aladdin Sustainability Lab UX and Product team researches and designs the user experience for our financial management system, Aladdin. They deliver these exciting new products to investors at BlackRock, the many financial institutions who use Aladdin and importantly the communities they serve. The team is also responsible to build the next generation of climate analytics platform to allow researchers to run their models with large compute. If you're interested in working on a world class team to design, prototype, and iterate solutions, come join us to make a real contribution to Blackrock's solutions and contribute to the development of our understanding in this critical area!
We are looking for a UX designer who understands and is inspired by the complexities of crafting software for the enterprise. A passion or interest for sustainability would be an added bonus! About You:
As an Associate UX Designer, You Will:
- You seek insight into user needs to derive efficient, friendly interaction design.
- You recognize the importance of understanding the holistic journey a user takes when providing them with valuable tools for task completion.
- You are not afraid of complexity, depth, and balancing the demands of a wide, multifaceted user base when designing software.
- You love the process of researching problems and designing solutions.
- You eat, sleep, and breathe user stories and wireframes.
- You love collaborating with and communicating new insights to product owners and engineers.
- Capture user needs and partner requirements via research
- Rapidly iterate on design ideas and validate with users
- Ensure design is consistent with our UX guidelines and approved interaction patterns
- Augment our research professionals, when necessary, by facilitating user interviews and testing
- Provide detailed wireframes, clickable prototypes, and accompanying specs to implementation teams
- Proactively seek feedback from senior designers to ensure your designs are as polished as they can be
- Help govern the quality of our software by closely following and evangelizing our standards
- Collaborate with key project team members, including visual designers, researchers, product managers, technology leads, climate scientists, and data modelers to deliver end-to-end solutions
- Be a positive, friendly representative and evangelist for user-centered design
Experience & Education:
- 5+ years of UX design experience, creating and evolving software design for digital products and platforms
- BFA degree in HCI or a related field
Strong Skills In:
- Portfolio samples that show deep UX thinking and sophisticated problem solving
- Candidates who proceed to in-person interviews will be required to perform a small UX design exercise, which they will then present to the team.
Design Experience with the Following Is a Plus, but Not Required:
- Application design, with a deep knowledge of standard UX methodologies
- Communication, with a proven ability to work with product and engineering to see designs accurately realized
- Public presentation to groups
- Performing your own research when required, particularly contextual inquiry to understand user journeys and basic usability testing for validation
- Figma and Axure for wireframing and prototyping
- Quickly learning new concepts and moving decisively on what you've learned
- Collaboration with a low-ego approach to finding the best possible solutions
- Working within lean/agile product development models
- B2B offerings
- Enterprise desktop software
- Enterprise financial software
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock's mission is to create a better financial future for our clients. We have a responsibility to be the voice of the investor, and we represent each client fairly and equally. Constant communication with a diverse team of partners strengthens us and delivers better results for our clients. Continuous innovation helps us bring the best of BlackRock to our clients. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.