UX Design Lead - Digital Wealth - iRetire
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock’s Global Digital Wealth Group’s core mission is to accelerate our efforts to deepen our relationships with wealth management firms through technology. Our digital products – iRetire, FutureAdvisor, and our partners iCapital and Scalable Capital – are reaching tens of thousands financial advisors and millions of end investors.
Within Digital Wealth, the iRetire Product team is responsible for R&D, engineering and strategy for iRetire, an innovative and simple-to-use retirement income planning system. iRetire is currently available to a universe of over 85,000 financial advisors in the US and Japan, with a growing global pipeline. Digital Wealth is fortunate to be in a position to transform our industry through technology and its people.
We are looking for a UX lead to run design for iRetire, as we build out our digital wealth capabilities and engage more and more financial advisors in helping them solve for clients’ most important financial goals.
As the UX lead, you will help define the user experience, set guidelines and lead the UX and visual design implementation for iRetire.
As you work closely with the product managers to execute on the product strategy and roadmap, you will need to skillfully solve for the complexity of users and stakeholders, and take people on the journey with you
In addition to your daily product responsibilities, you will be expected to keep abreast of the broader industry trends and best practice.
- Lead iRetire UX – define, refine, document and evangelize the iRetire brand and visual direction across type, color, layout, interface, interaction methods, animation & graphics to create a strong, usable and consistent digital platform
- Collaborate with key team members, including visual designers, product managers and technology leads to manage designs and deliver concepts against a strategic product plan
- Champion user-centered design principles, and rely on these principles to create experiences that meet user needs (while simultaneously addressing business goals)
- Work closely with team members and business partners to develop scenarios, personas, storyboards and user journeys
- Transform ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into tangible experiences that provide clear, usable, useful and desirable outcomes for users
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing visual systems team to ensure consistency across platforms
- Facilitate user research and user testing – recommending methodologies, drafting research plans with key teams – and subsequently identifying user needs, actions, behaviors and emotions through research
- Provide the necessary creative leadership to ensure our team is producing work at the highest quality
- Recruit, manage and develop design talent as needed, and across regions
- Manage agency relationships for overflow work or strategy projects, and ensure high quality
- Be a passionate leader who uses their deep understanding of design, user experience, visualization and technology to guide teams and their efforts
Essential skills / experience
- 5-7+ years UX and design experience in either product related or agency environments designing consumer facing applications, websites and mobile experiences
- Expert in developing wireframes, site maps, user journeys
- Expert in documenting work including annotations, prototypes, functional specifications
- Skilled in prototyping with one or more tools such as Framer, Proto.io, Flinto, or Invision
- Experience facilitating or assisting user research and user testing – and subsequently identifying user needs, and learnings to iterate designs that deliver more value for the user and business
- Strong understanding of web content strategy
- Experience using lean/agile product development models
- Ability to interface with development teams to ensure design delivery meets high quality standards
- Strong presentation skills in explaining interactions, scenarios and story boards
- Resilience, determination, positive attitude and outlook, strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Flexible, collaborative, team player
- Experience in financial services, B2C / B2B, a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.