UX Design Lead - Aladdin Product Group
Description About this role Job Purpose
The Aladdin UX Design team researches, designs and engineers the user experience for the Aladdin investment and risk analytics platform which is used by institutional wealth managers and investment professionals worldwide.
We practice a human-centered design approach-designing software grounded in user need-to enable our users to tap into the power of BlackRock's Aladdin enterprise platform. We're growing a team of skilled UX designers, visual designers, researchers, and front-end developers to help reimagine the platform through that lens.
We are looking for a UX Design Lead who understands and is excited by the complexities of designing software for the enterprise, and who is just as comfortable designing detailed wireframes as leading a team. Key Responsibilities:
- Partner with our partners in Product Management, Engineering, and the Aladdin business to foster a UX-centric environment and process.
- Drive the UX strategy for Aladdin Studio through thoughtful design concepts, prototypes, and presentations to executive teams.
- Leverage participatory and iterative design techniques, including heuristic evaluations, observational studies, user interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Deliver detailed designs, including concept sketches, annotated wireframes, journeys, information architecture, and prototypes.
- Manage the Aladdin Studio UX team to deliver the final product.
- Mentor junior UX team members to guide them in their career development.
- Ensure design is consistent with our UX guidelines and approved interaction patterns.
- Augment our research professionals when necessary by facilitating user interviews and testing to understand how sustainability risks are best incorporated in the investment process.
- Foster a collaborative process with our other UX team partners: visual designers, researchers, and UI engineers.
- Be a positive, friendly representative and evangelist for user-centered design.
Expert-level skills in:
- 15+ years application design experience in either product or agency environments.
- Portfolio samples that show deep UX thinking and complex problem solving.
- Candidates who proceed to in-person interviews will be required to perform a small UX design exercise at home, which they will then present to the team.
- Developing UX artifacts such as wireframes, prototypes, site maps, user journeys
- Sketch and/or Axure
- Documenting the work (i.e. functional specs, annotations, user stories, etc.)
- Communication and storytelling through presentation
Strong skills in:
- Ability to interface with development teams to ensure design implementation meets high quality standards
- Leading a user-centered discovery phase for projects, such as running workshops and facilitating discussions with stakeholders
- Working within lean/agile product development models
Experience designing for following is a plus, but not required:
- Experience facilitating or assisting user research and user testing - and subsequently identifying user needs, actions, behaviors and emotions through research
- B2B offerings
- Enterprise desktop software
- Enterprise financial software
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.