US Securities Research Counsel
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
- Work closely with the Securities Research business within the Sustainability, Research and Investment Solutions function to provide advice on legal and regulatory matters and initiatives
- Advise, support and drive key and novel critical initiatives and transactions
- Review and update template agreements and fallback provisions to address regulatory change and commercial or risk concerns
- Collaborate with colleagues across Credit Suisse in the US, EMEA and APAC
- Build approach of getting-it-right-first-time and encourage a behavior of continual learning and improvement.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Juris Doctorate and member of the Bar or equivalent educational and legal qualifications
- Equivalent experience of minimum 4 - 5 years as an attorney. Proven record with advising on research and banking matters in the financial services industry (including the global Research Settlement) a must, together with a knowledge of FINRA Research Rules and the SEC Investment Advisors regime. Any background knowledge of European MIFID II research and inducements rules is a plus!
- Ability to analyze legal issues and assess risks, draft and negotiate legal terms related to specific area of expertise and related regulatory and compliance issues
- Outstanding project management skills, ability to work within a team and coordinate internally with relevant business partners
- Strong communication, consulting and relationship building capabilities and able to influence internal and external partners!
- Takes ownership of work product; displays excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize optimally; meets deadlines under pressure and strives for high quality
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.