Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Coordinating the administration and associated collation of various decks for senior, high profile US Risk fora and committees
• Assisting the Secretary to the US Risk Committee in coordinating the meeting Agendas, Minutes, and Action points; Co-secretary to the Americas Risk Forum
• Reviewing, checking and challenging materials prepared for senior management and the Board
• Oversighting of inventory of US Risk Policy and Standard addenda including ensuring adherence to Group Framework, Policies and Standards Requirements Document
• Coordinating annual Board approvals
• Assisting with annual refresh of US Risk Policy and Standard addenda
• Being responsible for monthly tracking of Limit excesses and breaches
• Assisting with the maintenance of various governance records including committee and organization structures
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS)
• Proven experience working in the Banking/Finance industry
• Experience in project management or coordinating large deliverables with inputs from multiple sources
• Good competency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience with risk functions within Financial Services sector is a plus
• Interest in developing Financial Services risk management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and interact with a wide range of stakeholders
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.