- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 24 Jun 19
US Liquidity & Treasury Risk # 130795
Credit Suisse is searching for a risk manager to cover all aspects of liquidity & treasury risk for US entities and subsidiaries. Liquidity risk management's mandate includes liquidity risk identification at the product and trade level, limit setting and control monitoring, business challenge, stress test review and challenge, interpretation of regulatory guidance and reporting requirements and communication of all material liquidity risks to senior management in both risk and the business.
This role requires previous experience in liquidity risk or funding valuation risk or asset liability management preferably from a large global bank or broker dealer. The role also requires deep understanding of liquidity risk, funding products and tools employed to handle enterprise wide liquidity risk both in the US and as part of a broader global business model: its sources & uses, resulting risks, and the reporting, governance & processes employed to handle that risk.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Liquidity and treasury risk identification, assessment and limit monitoring. The role holder will be expected to know the impacts of various capital markets transactions in a Bank/Broker dealer to the recent regulatory risk measures both in the US and European context (LCR, NSFR, IRRBB, NII, regulatory stress testing).
- You will perform sensitivity analysis to understand the impact of new trades on the existing portfolio's liquidity risk exposures.
- You will review the entire stress testing process as it pertains to the Bank/Broker dealer's liquidity including but not limited to the scenarios that are chosen for the stress tests and assumptions made on liquidity of both assets and liabilities; perform and document independent quantitative analysis on the assumptions to ensure independent viewpoint; support and refine existing stress model assumptions and controls (limits, guidelines, model framework).
- You'll reviews liquidity risk management policies, limits, standards, controls, metrics and thresholds and ensures they are within the defined corporate standards approved by the Board and ALCO; this includes annual reviews of the Contingent Funding Plan.
- You will review Front Line Units and the Enterprise's governance processes to ensure Liquidity Risk taken is in accordance with the corporation's Risk Appetite and that the proper risk framework is deployed to measure, monitor and control the risk consistent with overall Enterprise.
- Keep current on regulations relating to Liquidity Risk management issued and reviewed by the FRB, OCC, SEC, FINRA, Basel committee on Banking Supervision (i.e. BCBS 368).
- Participate in data analysis and material preparation for regulatory exams and ad hoc analysis including briefings to senior management on risk management issues.
- Partner with control functions (i.e., ALM, Finance, Risk) to demonstrate reports, routines, processes and systems.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You have deep product knowledge of secured financing, derivatives and clearing of reverse repurchase, repurchase agreements and derivatives.
- You are knowledgeable in LCR, NSFR, liquidity stress testing and capital markets utilization of key standard.
- You have shown quantitative risk management experience, with a funding and liquidity risk focus.
- You have direct experience with contingent funding planning, intraday liquidity a plus.
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal, team working, business partner management and organizational skills.
- You are able to think independently and present views in an objective and credible manner; being able to present to senior management and stand one's ground when necessary.
- You are familiar with the US regulatory landscape and applicable rules and regulations.