US Fundamental Corporate Credit Research Analyst - Healthcare/Pharma
As a Barclays US Fundamental Corporate Credit Research Analyst covering healthcare and pharmaceutical sector corporates, you will focus within the investment grade market. This is an exciting opportunity to publish deep-dive and thematic work that cuts across sectors and asset classes. Sitting near your investment grade/high yield sector counterparts on Barclays' credit trading floor, you will also have the chance to partner with global colleagues across equities, macro and high yield research.
This role is regulated by FINRA.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Covering corporate bond issuers in the investment grade healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors
- Monitoring market movements to develop detailed analyses of individual credit situations
- Identifying relevant topics of discussion from both a credit and macroeconomic perspective, and leveraging the firm's research from other disciplines as required
- Supporting the trading business in understanding risks in the sectors, and supporting firm clients in understanding credit situations
- Effectively communicating complex investment ideas and strategies to both internal peers (salesforce and traders) and external clients
- Playing a leadership role in non-client activities, including working with junior members of the team, recruiting efforts, and building the Firm's franchise
- Demonstrating a commitment to Barclays' values
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Bachelor's Degree with five or more years of demonstrated financial experience in accounting or banking
- Five or more years of experience in covering healthcare/pharma corporate issuers
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Five or more years of experience analyzing industrial companies and building financial models
Where will you be working?
- MBA/CFA or advanced degree will be viewed favorably
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.