US Asset Owner Segment Lead
Who we are
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and market capitalization of approximately $45.3 billion 
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of over $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing over $1.9 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals in our top 10 wealth manager ($266 billion assets)
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers (over $1.9 trillion in client assets)
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers (over $4.7 trillion)
In addition, BNY Mellon is a strategic partner to a variety of financial technology companies and a convener of influential industry and market structure forums. Key Role Responsibilities:
Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate/Possess:
- Driving a transformation agenda where required, around people and go to market strategies
- Strong industry profile for speaking and media visibility to help drive a stronger positioning for the Asset owner business
- Lead a regional team of Relationship Managers, servicing the Asset Owners segment within Asset Servicing & Digital's client coverage organisation.
- Serves in a consultative role to the client, advising client top leadership (C-Suite) on the best way to achieve short- and long- term strategic objectives. Assigned clients are key to the business units achievement of its goals and objectives.
- Independently develop the strategic plan for managing and growing existing US client relationships, with a focus on revenue retention.
- Provide clients with industry expertise sharing trends as well as current and potential impact on the client business model.
- Recommend areas for firm thought leadership efforts based on client feedback and may deliver thought leadership feedback both internally and externally to clients.
- Promotes firm services/product offerings that solve client challenges and achieve account growth. May evaluate and structure deal (pricing, contract terms, etc.) to determine the optimal terms for both the client and the firm.
- Work closely with business development teams to ensure relationship management strategy is executed by account management and client service teams.
- Keep abreast of client account activity occurring throughout the firm and serve as the ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction
- Conduct service review meetings and assist in client training, sharing of market information/experience. May prospect new clients in a similar industry or segment of existing clients. Contribute to the development of overall RM strategies for the unit.
- Ensures client onboarding and/or risk management activities are conducted and captured (KYC, BAC, etc.) Serves as the interface for compliance, regulatory, reputational matters between clients and the Bank. In some regional/local markets may manage relationships with regulators directly.
- Develop, track and report on relationship strategy/results for assigned client portfolio.
- Contribute to the development of team/unit metrics, dashboards and roadmaps.
- Strong leadership; calm presence and ability to instill confidence in key stakeholders, internally and externally
- A passion for the business, 'drive to win' and outperformance mindset
- Commercial focus on growing the bottom-line while mitigating/managing risk
- Intellectual curiosity; desire to constantly learn and continuously improve
- Excellent ability to establish, develop, and maintain trust-based relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to inspire others to action and able to draw on broader teams to deliver a superior outcome for clients and the firm
- Expert knowledge of financial services industry and client segment, including business models, players, new entrants, significant trends, and outlook
- Ability to analyze problems or situations and apply a structured, analytic approach to developing solutions that progress our and our clients' agendas
- Demonstrate excellent judgement and a fact-based approach to evaluation and decision making
- Strong communication and presentation skills (both verbally and in writing); able to articulate complex information in a clear and simple manner to a variety of audiences
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Consummate professional; able to navigate a matrixed organization
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years in Relationship Management, Sales, Client Service, or Account Management in Financial Services industry
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Recognized as expert in industry, product, or region
- Possess established relationships within/across industry and with clients at c-suite level