USWA Product & Platform Team – Alternative Investments - Director
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Feb 18 2018-02-12
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Job Description:BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Blackrock is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to drive product management and distribution of its Alternative Investment (AI) business within US Wealth Advisory (USWA). The role serves as the cross functional force that brings together and aligns all partners in order to oversee and guide all aspects of BlackRock's investment products. Primary responsibility of the role will be driving and supporting Alternatives product management – across both traditional and liquid formats and sales support and retention across all USWA retail channels. This is a multi-faceted role requiring exceptional breadth and depth of both investment products and the USWA business environment. It requires the ability to learn quickly, innovate, adapt, influence, and manage projects. This is a role for someone who is both a holistic, strategic thinker, as well as an analytical and execution oriented. This role will work very closely with the home office and field facing Alternatives distributions to achieve shared objectives. Other stakeholders include: USWA and Alternatives leadership, Sales, National Accounts, Marketing, Legal, Product Strategists, and others. This role will be central to developing the business plan for the Alternatives initiative in USWA, working with the above listed partners and stakeholders. Scope of Responsibilities
- Set AI product strategy for USWA
- Ability to interface and collaborate cross-functionally in a large retail-distribution driven investment management firm, and to execute across multiple sales teams and organize to drive results
- New product development – including both traditional Qualified Purchaser and mutual funds products
- Structuring alternative products and working across organizational teams to launch product at partner firm, including working with legal, sales and portfolio teams to create product, negotiation of placement agreements, and responsibility for sales coordination.
- Distribution and sales support of BlackRock alternative product in US retail market
- Review and optimization of different product structures to capture various client types, including Qualified Clients and Accredited Investors.
- Maintain a strong understanding of USWA business and the broad US retail industry – including distribution partner firms business models and competitors’ strategies
- Partner with Portfolio and Marketing teams to create and deliver top tier content, messaging, and positioning for our products
- Partner with sales to create sales plans, campaigns, and ongoing product support
- Represent the AI mutual fund range to the Equity-Liquidity board on a regular basis.
- Have a deep knowledge of BlackRock’s investment views and understanding of portfolio construction in order to align AI strategy with BII and USWA investment frameworks
- Partner with Portfolio Solutions team to ensure appropriate portfolio construction guidance and positioning for Alternatives
- Drive year-end budgeting for AI business within USWA and ownership for US Retail AI sales results
- 10+ years of financial services experience. Preferably with a focus on product management and/or product strategy
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong investment and product knowledge
- Ability to interface and collaborate cross-functionally in an investment management firm, and to execute across teams and the organize to drive results
- Sound interpersonal skills and ability to form meaningful working partnerships
- Familiarity with US retail industry and trends
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.