UI Software Engineer - Digital Investment Bank
As a member of our SoftwareEngineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionatearound solving business problems through innovation & engineeringpractices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertiseto all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partnercontinuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused oncommon goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive forimprovement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting,thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought andcreative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Digital Investment Bank (DIB) was established to enhance the delivery of key principles through the application of technology solutions. To achieve this, the DIB is organized around 3 "products": Banker Intelligence, Digital Capital Markets and Client Experience. While the products have distinct work-stream, each will be developed and executed within a consistent environment to ensure a single digital presence to internal and external clients. Technologists on this team will work on all three verticals, to help with product development, strategy, and integration.
What you will be doing:
- Be part of a small core team of individual contributors who are responsible for accelerating the delivery of high impact projects to the business. You will be working directly with stakeholders to understand the problems, and then formulate, socialize and deliver solutions.
- Build a services/API architecture, leveraging private and/or public cloud.
- Always be thinking about the user experience
- Build client facing and internal banker facing tools that transform the client and user experience, productivity and business impact
- Work closely with the global Banking technology team to drive tools and data management strategy.
Thisrole requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecturedisciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals,and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development,maintenance and software improvement
- Minimum 3 years of UI application development experience through fullproject lifecycle
- Strong design,coding, automated testing, and debugging skills
- Workingproficiency in developmental toolsets
- Have an Agilemindset with hands-on focus towards iterative delivery and continuousimprovement / optimization of existing code
- Ability towork in cross-functional, collaborative teams (business, data scientists, UXand developers) and interact effectively with all levels
- Knowledge ofany other software development languages - Python, Java, AngularJS, etc. - is aplus
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.