UHNW Mortgage Loan Underwriter
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 19 Jan 19
UHNW Mortgage Loan Underwriter
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services leader with three core businesses - Institutional Securities, Asset Management, and Global Wealth Management. Global Wealth Management is offered by the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) franchise, which has one of the world's largest network of Financial Advisors. Morgan Stanley is pleased to announce that we are expanding our suite of world-class banking and lending products exclusively for our Financial Advisors and their clients. In addition to our comprehensive financial services, which include brokerage, investment advisor, financial and wealth planning, annuities, insurance and retirement, Morgan Stanley will develop and enhance their lending, trust and cash management capabilities. We believe that now is the perfect time to build and support a new venture along with our Global Wealth Management partners. By combining our lending financial services business with private banking products built specifically to service the needs of Financial Advisors and their clients, we can tailor banking and lending solutions to client needs.
Morgan Stanley Home Loans is expanding its retail Mortgage Lending Division. As part of Global Wealth Management Division (GWM), we have a partnership with Morgan Stanley's retail brokerage network that provides a limitless proprietary source of inbound business. The primary function of this role is managing a regional mortgage pipeline of high net worth clients ensuring a smooth and timely transition through the mortgage process, proactively managing all credit related issues, approving loans within assigned authority and communicating weekly pipeline status to constituents.
Morgan Stanley Home Loans is seeking an experienced, positive and motivated individual to join our underwriting team. The successful candidate will possess solid residential underwriting skills and experience underwriting jumbo mortgage loans for sophisticated borrowers with complex income streams.
THIS ROLE MUST SIT FULL-TIME IN NEW YORK CITY, AND HAS NO FLEXIBILITY TO WORK FROM HOME.
• Underwrite complex mortgage loans for high net worth clients
• Perform complex income / tax return analysis
• Approve loans within credit authority and in accordance with MSPBNA credit policy and credit culture
• Proactively manage assigned pipeline
• Assist in identifying or recommending alternative loan solutions
• Ensure data accuracy
• Manage prefund quality control errors to below 5%
• Minimum 7 years' experience underwriting jumbo and/or non-conforming loans for high net worth individuals
• Prefer private bank experience
• Must have proven background with Self-Employed borrowers
• Experienced underwriting non-conforming loans
• Experience structuring and underwriting loans held in entities i.e. LLCs and Trusts
• Pipeline management experience required
• College degree required, advance degree a plus
• Must have current knowledge of underwriting and credit risk principles
• Strong knowledge of unique property vesting i.e. trusts and LLCs
• Complex self-employed income analysis is a critical requirement
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Extraordinary client service aptitude
• Meticulous follow-up and follow through
• Ability to work under tight timelines
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite