- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
UHNW Associate Banker - NY Metro
UHNW Associate Banker - NY Metro
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Private Client Coverage
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18063446
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization
CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
The Associate Banker role is an integral part of the sales organization of Citi Private Bank. The Associate Banker acts in a supporting role with their assigned Private Banker(s) to onboard new clients and to deepen existing relationships. By developing the ability to assess a client's financial profile and understanding their goals and challenges, the Associate Banker actively contributes to shaping client financial strategies designed to help provide solutions for managing, growing, and protecting wealth.
The Associate Banker is responsible for four primary activities, all of equal weight and importance: 1) onboard new clients adhering to our KYC and compliance policies; 2) identify and close cross-sell opportunities for existing clients; 3) client support and relationship maintenance activities; and 4) compliance oversight and control.
• Coordinate the establishment of new client relationships and account opening by gathering all required KYC and account opening documentation for hand-off to the Onboarding HUB or in cases of a rush completing the KYC and account opening independently
• Compliance oversight and controls are a primary function of the Associate Banker role: collect and confirm client's knowledge and experience as it relates to investments; ensure all onboarding and account opening is done in accordance with our internal policies
• Research the client to supplement the Banker's SOW information prior to onboarding
• Working with the Banker to create and maintain client account plans designed to identify revenue growth opportunities for new and existing clients
• Manage the pre-call planning process, post-meeting de-briefs; responsible for writing concise call reports
• Assist the Banker with prospecting; conduct new client/prospect research and generate leads and set up meetings for the Banker
• Assist with client events, sourcing attendees and attending events
• Develop relationships with product specialists and interact with them on opportunities for cross sell
• Maintain an up-to-date and accurate deal pipeline for the team
• Maintain client contact to assist the banker(s) in revising strategies based on changes in client needs and updating the KYC profiles with the most up to date information
• Handle complex client inquiries and questions, working with the relevant partners until resolution
• Take the lead in administrative tasks including meeting set-up, scanning, filing, copying, phone coverage
• Work with clients and bankers to collect client updates for the preparation of KYC periodic reviews in advance of their due date
• New target market client acquisition and business development (for those ABs on Banker track)
• Ad hoc projects as assigned that will enhance process and system
• Client facing experience in a wealth management firm
• Knowledge of investment, banking and credit products desirable
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to set high standards of meeting deliverables
• Highly developed attention to detail
• Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment with minimal or offsite supervision
• Ability to multitask in a high pressure environment and work under tight deadlines
• Proven ability to learn on the job and comfortable working in an environment where the policies and procedures change regularly
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to escalate issues to management
• Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving, team work and analytical skills
• Ability to establish relationships and partner effectively with various groups including sales, service, operations, compliance and marketing
• FINRA Series 7, 66 (or 63/65)
• Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years' relevant financial services experience