UBS Evidence Lab Engagement Manager
Are you an analytic thinker? Do you know how to develop innovative solutions? We are looking for someone like that to:
- work closely with the analyst teams across all sectors to understand the key debates and information needs for the individual companies
- partner with various teams within Evidence Lab to design and implement unique customized projects and solutions, including but not limited to geospatial analysis, social media tracking, app analytics, pricing strategy, shipping and customs data analysis, data science and advanced modeling techniques, quantitative market research, focus groups, and many more
- be responsible for analyzing and interpreting the results of the individual studies and coaching investment analysts on the interpretation of the findings
- have a unique opportunity to get a breadth of exposure to not only a spectrum of investment debates across sectors and regions, but also cutting edge alternative analytics increasingly being used to evaluate the markets
You'll be working in UBS Evidence Lab in New York. We are a highly specialized primary research team within the Global Research Department who work closely together to ensure the effective development of an internal capability across UBS's offices in Europe, Asia, and North America. The group works closely with the global publishing analyst teams to understand the debates and themes that are central to their markets, sectors, and companies within their coverage, and design highly differentiated and in-depth analytical projects to further the investment debates and answer pivotal questions for use in published research content.
Applicants should be comfortable with a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and should enjoy the challenge of working on a high-performance team. Candidates should have a background in some aspect of financial markets or investment banking, though specific prior experience in investment research is not required.
You can learn more about Evidence Lab http://bit.ly/WhoIsEvidenceLab here.
Your experience and skills
– a university degree in an analytical field like engineering, mathematics, accounting, finance or information technology
– 5-10yrs experience in some aspect of financial markets; preferably research, investment banking, sales, trading, buy side investing or consulting
– Passionate about financial markets and investment research
– Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal skills, and enjoy coordinating across global constituents, including equity and macro research analysts, analytical specialists, and management stakeholders
– A creative problem solver who leverages outside the box thinking
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.