- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 21 Jan 18 2018-01-21
Fiduciary Trust Company International has been a trusted investment manager for individuals, families and foundations for more than 80 years. With world-class capabilities in investment management, trust and estate services, and custody services, we have the expertise to meet the requirements of the most sophisticated clients and their advisors, and can help assure that their families' needs will be met long into future generations.
In 2001, Fiduciary Trust joined forces with Franklin Resources, Inc., a global investment management company operating as Franklin Templeton Investments. The acquisition presented both companies with an opportunity to expand and enhance their resources, services and global presence by combining complementary areas of expertise.
Reporting to and under the general supervision of the Director of Trust & Estate Services, the Trust Counsel provides an advanced level of service internally and externally.
- Provide existing clients with holistic review of estate and wealth transfer plan and provide guidance accordingly in connection with team and outside advisors
- Collaborate with market teams in order to provide clients with breadth of firm's offerings
- Represent the firm in the industry through thought leadership and attendance in industry groups such as Bar Associations; committees, networking groups and conferences
- Participate in new business meetings in order to articulate value proposition of integrated wealth management from Trust Counsel offering perspective
- Provide guidance to designated Trust Administrators
- Review openings and closings of trust-related accounts, as appropriate
- Refer questions to outside counsel, as necessary
- Address beneficiaries' questions
- Review exercises of discretion, including principal income and distributions of income
- Provide direction on opportunities and staying abreast of competitor offerings and structure; making relevant recommendations to senior management to improve competitiveness.
- Provide general new business and marketing support including updating Trust, Estate and Wealth Transfer Topic materials as required/requested
- Participate in department projects and initiatives including preparing materials for the Staff Board of Directors' Trust Committee , attending Staff Board of Directors' Trust Committee and liaising with Trust, Estate, Tax and Custody on relevant changes in legislation and regulations
Ideal candidates will have:
- JD or LLM required; additional law degree or MBA preferred
- Bar admission in relevant states required
- Requires 10+ years trust experience in a legal or professional environment
- Working knowledge of generally accepted business procedures, practices and regulations
- Knowledge of state-specific Trust laws preferred
- Ability to document all efforts as they reflect the completion of assignments
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced, team environment
- Ability to interact with and present to senior management and clients on a regular basis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to organize and maintain accurate, orderly files and records
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with the work being completed and within the department's guidelines
- MS office skills - MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to solve routine department problems or client issues with little direction
- Ability to assess a problem quickly and determine to what level it should be elevated, directing staff/clients to the correct person(s)
- Work within specific guidelines and policies, deferring non-routine matters to supervisor
- Able to supervise administrative staff
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.