Treasury Management Officer, Commercial Term Lending – Commercial Bank – New York, NY
As a Treasury Management Officer/Business Development Officer you will primarily focus on generating new business from prospective Real Estate clients while also generating business from existing clients. This key position maintains and develops trusted relationships with Coverage Partner leadership, Client Managers, Onboarding, KYC, Implementations, Service, and Product Leadership. Key Responsibilities/Objectives:
- This is a business development officer role with heavy emphasis on developing new treasury management and depository relationships for assigned territory.
- Grows revenue as directed by senior management by successfully prospecting for new deposit and payment product and treasury management business and retaining and expanding existing customer relationships. Manages the non-credit risk for customer portfolio. Monitors and enhances profitability of all assigned relationships. Sources prospects and develops new customer relationships.
- Working independently and in partnership with market bankers to develop new profitable business from prospective clients; developing and executing strategic account plans
- Engage clients at senior and strategic levels to provide integrated treasury solutions within a consultative and client driven framework
- Understanding the competitions' capabilities and gaps, and how to position JP Morgan Chase Treasury Services against them
- Managing proposal writing and the entire sales process
- Developing and enhancing in-depth client knowledge and sharing it with the client coverage team for both new business development and management of client risk
- Create strategic dialogues around key client-centric issues, incorporating best practices, benchmarking, opportunity quantification and solution positioning
- Partner with internal product stakeholders when representing the client perspective in the development/evolution of products and solutions
- Deliver thought leadership to the market, prospects and clients on the working capital solutions at client roundtables, industry conferences, webinars, articles, etc.
- Execute against a clear set of engagement principles that ensures consulting resources are mapped against the largest revenue opportunities within Treasury Services
- Deliver Results - Individually and as a Team
- 7 years of experience successfully prospecting for new deposit and payment product and treasury management business and relationship management
- Direct experience successful selling treasury services to commercial real estate clients is a plus
- Excellent relationship management and business development/sales skills
- Considerable knowledge of depository products and treasury management services
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of Treasury Services and deposit products, credit and risk process, overdraft management discipline, and pricing philosophy
- Success developing new business in a expansion market with focus on prospecting
- Strong working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Ability to generate ideas, identify and drive the development of new business
- Demonstrates excellent/strong selling and negotiation skills
- Demonstrates excellent/strong verbal and written communication skills
- B.A./B.S in Accounting/Finance preferred or equivalent professional experience
The final officer title and job grade is at the discretion of the firm and will be discussed at the time of offer. It may be different than what is listed on the requisition based on candidate experience level.