Treasury/ALM - Funds Transfer Pricing Vice President
This position sits within Corporate Treasury, Asset Liability Management function, on the Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) team. The team is responsible for all aspects of FTP Policy, assumptions and methodologies and implementation/reporting of FTP Actuals and FTP Forecasting. The team owns the production implementation of FTP Actuals and is part of a cross-ALM project effort to build the firm's next generation 3rd Party Balance Sheet, Net Interest Income and FTP Forecasting platform. The team remit will extend to FTP Forecasting once the platform is live in 2022. Responsibilities:
- Execute timely monthly production processes and controls across FTP Actuals and FTP Forecasting deliverables
- Understand, validate and develop enhancements to FTP assumptions / methodologies implemented in Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) vendor software
- Produce FTP reporting, including attribution analyses and variance commentary
- Able to independently manage the lifecycle of making a change to FTP assumptions / methodologies from beginning to end (understanding current FTP policy, performing data analysis, preparing a recommendation for change, syndication within Corporate Treasury/ Second Line of Defense/LOB CFOs, impact analysis, preparation of written materials for Funds Transfer Pricing Committee (FTPC), implement change in production processes, update of FTP Book of Assumptions and applicable processes/control documentation).
- Partner with 2nd Line of Defense (Risk) and Internal Audit through regular reviews, address challenges and action items.
- Participate in the cross-ALM project effort to build the firm's next generation 3rd Party Balance Sheet, Net Interest Income and FTP Forecasting platform.
- Partner with Lines of Business (LOB) CFO teams to educate them on FTP principles and methodologies, perform balance sheet profitability reporting and various ad-hoc analyses
- Promote best practices related to governance, methodology and reporting in accordance with established Federal Reserve guidance SR16-3.
- 7-10yrs experience in Corporate Treasury, Asset and Liability Management, Interest Rate Risk Management, Liquidity Management or Funds Transfer Pricing.
- Knowledge of a bank's balance sheet and financial instruments, finance / management reporting systems, Net Interest Income / Expense calculations, and Funds Transfer Pricing assumptions and methodologies
- Hands on experience with Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) vendor application is strongly preferred to ensure the candidate can independently research, validate and enhance Funds Transfer Pricing assumptions and methodologies
- Knowledge of SQL in order to perform data analytics and propose fact based changes to Funds Transfer Pricing assumptions or methodologies is preferred.
- Prior experience in Finance Management & Analysis / Planning & Analysis / CFO team in a financial services firm is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Finance / Economics or related field required, Master's degree/MBA preferred.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, willing to learn new content and tools/processes quickly in order to contribute as quickly as possible
- Communication ability via video conferencing will be a key factor in final candidate decisions