Transformation Project Manager
J.P. Morgan Network Management team is responsible for selectionand management of the network of agent banks and financial marketsinfrastructures used by the firm. Network Management manages the procurement,maintenance and oversight of securities services (custody and clearing) andcash services (payments and other foreign currency services) for LOBsfirm-wide. Currently that network spans over 600 agent banks andintermediaries, including subcustodians, nostro account relationships, and cashagent/partner banks in over 100 markets. As a firm-wide function, NetworkManagement supports most J.P. Morgan business lines including Markets,Wholesale Payments, Investor Services and Asset Management.
The transformation team is the Network Management functionresponsible for designing, transforming and managing the catalogue of productsand services performed by Network Management for its LOB partners. The teamconducts a continuous improvement framework to develop Network Management'sproducts and services. The analysis of Network Management's business processesand its requirements for Technology is a significant area of focus , andis in the early phase of a multi-year strategic technology investment program.A core objective is to automate and implement a standardized platform thatenables Network Management to efficiently execute its responsibilities, complywith our regulatory obligations, and to deliver information to our internal andexternal clients.
The Transformation Project Manager is a role within Network ManagementServices. It will be focused on applying project management fundamentals toinitiatives determined by the organizations Management team and stakeholders.The role will require the individual to also identify and bring for review theuse of innovative technologies to address specific opportunities across NetworkManagement .
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Support the strategic workstreams responsible for delivering products and services via the Network Management platform called MINT (Market Information Network Tool).
- Responsible for ensuring that the project deliverables fulfill the agreed business requirements.
- Partner with teams across Network Management, Technology, Operations, Quality Assurance, Compliance, Legal, Tax, and Line of Business partners to achieve program goals, including, but not limited to the decommissioning of non-strategic systems, the re-engineering of business process and usage of tools, eliminating manual workarounds, implementing single processes as much as possible, and ensuring the Network Management Transformation team is supported on a common platform that meets the businesses requirements.
The key skills/experience required for this roleinclude:
- 2 years of project management, product management and or product development.
- Experience in driving and overseeing technical products. Comfortable leading multilateral workstreams and maintaining a close understanding of the overarching strategy.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to lead varied and detailed project level discussions, and also distill key information into messaging appropriate for a senior management (MD) audience.
- Experience working in both large group/team structure as well as an individual contributor.
- Experience in the project management discipline ideally within financial services.
- Proven track record: Ideally will have led execution on large-scale technology and process re-engineering projects successfully.
- Experience working with large scale compliance and regulatory driven projects.
- Passion for the agenda: strong desire to make a quick impact to the organization through successful project delivery.
- Leadership and drive: well-honed ability to develop, to obtain agreement on, and to lead execution of a global agenda.
- Partnership and relationship management: must have ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships with numerous teams and key stakeholders.
- Project management and execution: ability to organize quickly and execute the agenda to meet short-term and longer-term deliverables .
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, i.e., Excel, Word, Visio, Project, etc.
- Experienced in software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, RUP, RAD).
- Have an open attitude towards sharing ideas and knowledge.
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership and the lead in managing the delivery end-to-end and having the determination to follow things through to successful completion.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation, presentation and creation, review and approval of documentation appropriate to the audience (e.g. end users as well as senior management team).
- The ability to shift perspective from high level 'Big Picture' to low-level detail .
- Good prioritization and time management.
- The ability to present and absorb complex ideas quickly and accurately.
- The ability to provide solutions to a tight deadline.
- The ability to work within a large team independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member.
- A self-confident and authoritative manner.