Transformation Business Manager, Client Services
About BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand for The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available at www.bnymellon.com . Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news. About the Asset Servicing Group:
The Chief Operating Officer and its teams are responsible for building, managing, and supporting execution of Asset Servicing & Digital's strategy, business performance, regulatory readiness and response, pricing, billing, and business resiliency. This dynamic and inter-disciplinary group works across Asset Servicing & Digital sub-functions to deliver these capabilities within business units, with the goal of delivering cohesive, unified solutions that increase profitability, efficiency, and scale while minimizing business and operational risk. The COO and team are responsible for continually optimizing programs by working with professionals across BNY Mellon while monitoring industry best in class standards and innovations. Position Overview:
The Global Client Service Delivery Business Management team within the COO is looking for a results-oriented candidate with experience in managing strategic organizational change and/or global program management. This individual will be responsible to develop an accountability framework, within a large-scale transformation program, with tracking of inter-dependencies and milestones to achieve desired business results. This business manager will display deep understanding of the organization's strategy and financial objectives and is expected to establish a robust project management discipline to meet critical program deliverables. The business manager will be responsible for partnering with the Client Service management team as well as cross functional stakeholders including Product, Operations, Technology, Finance and Human Resources. This individual should have excellent executive presence and be able to regularly present to the program's Senior Steer-Co members, Global Head of Operations and Technology, as well as the Asset Servicing CEO. Job Description:
- Leads and provides some direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to internal client specifications.
- Manages and oversees the end-to-end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue/risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, internal client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of high complexity.
- Directs and controls all work performed. Reports and escalates progress/issues to Sr. management, as needed.
- Develops detailed project plans and schedules projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation.
- Monitors project results for significant deviations.
- Manages vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met.
- Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments.
- May provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals.
- Works with all required functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project.
- May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and internal groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification.
- Manages communication with business leaders at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues.
- Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery. Contributes to the achievement of function objectives.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience in business management or related field is required.
- 10-12 years of total work experience in Project Management preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or Prince2 certification is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to drive strategies and build relationships
- Experience running a Project Management Office is a plus
- Ability to understand, organize and present complex information in an easily understandable format tailored to a variety of audiences
- Ability to synthesize data into actionable strategies and tell the story and communicate to stakeholders at all levels
- Experience managing large scale global projects
- Highly motivated and capable of both working independently and with a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Results-oriented individual combined with sense of urgency and ownership.
- Proactive approach and able to work autonomously.
- Has experience working with globally distributed teams.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.