Transaction Manager – Commercial Real Estate
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Transaction Manager in Alternative Business Management will play a critical and central role in supporting the diligence and investment process as well as the smooth operation of the loan closing activities for the Commercial Real Estate Loan Desk, with respect to our Alternatives CRE credit business.
- Assist PMs with any investment related processes, including diligence, credit approval and financings
- Coordinate all aspects of the diligence and closing process for approved credits
- Term-sheet preparation & review
- Coordinate with Loan Desk to lead negotiation of loan agreements/servicing agreements in conjunction with external and internal counsel
- Coordinate documentation requests with audit firms, rating agencies, financing banks and sponsor banks
- Selection, engagement and supervision of all 3rd party diligence providers (insurance, valuation, environmental, structural) Prepare, review and sign-off on all diligence related invoices, costs, etc.
- Liaison with PM and all relevant support groups (Internal Legal/Ops/Finance/Tax/TAs/Asset Management) to ensure all internal policies and processes have been completed prior to close
- Assist Desk PMs in review of quarterly Origination and Asset Management reporting
- Responding to ad-hoc requests from Portfolio Management and other groups, as necessary
POSITION DEVELOPMENT VALUE
- 5+ years of experience; strong, relevant internship experience acceptable
- Fixed Income technical skills and experience in a buy or sell side trade room preferred
- Commercial loan diligence and closing experience required
- Compliance related experience and/or legal background a plus
- Strong relationship skills and proven ability to build strong relationships with Portfolio Managers
- Well-refined communications skills. Can articulate ideas and strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Proven ability to operate efficiently in a high-pressure environment.
- Enjoy working collaboratively across the organization (especially with account managers) to resolve issues.
- Advanced abilities with Excel, SQL, business objects, and Bloomberg.
- Bachelor's degree and strong academic record with concentration in math, science, finance, economics, legal or other related quantitative/analytical field from a leading, accredited college or university.
- Extensive exposure to senior industry experts within Portfolio Management and across other functional areas of the firm
- A broad range of opportunities to collaborate with talented colleagues
- Learning environment focused on key buy-side portfolio risk and return principles
- Constructive feedback to foster career growth in addition to a formal annual review process
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office