Transaction Banking Sales, Vice President
Position Summary * Develop and expand the Americas Region transaction banking businesses including cash management, treasury management, and trade financing products (conventional L/C, Supply Chain Management, Stand-by L/C), as well as FX services management as a Sales Relationship Manager. * Will focus on Japanese corporates
- Develop and expand the Americas Region transaction banking businesses including cash management, treasury management, and trade financing products (conventional L/C, Supply Chain Management, Stand-by L/C), as well as FX services management as a Sales Relationship Manager.
- Will focus on Japanese corporates operating in the Americas.
- Establish and execute sales plan to ensure that revenue targets are met.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Corporate Coverage Officers in the Americas region.
- Proactively manage the new /existing target clients for Americas Region TB opportunities among Japanese corporates and other MNC’s,
- Build relationship with clients’ Cash management and Trade finance individuals / Treasury personnel,
- Conduct standalone / joint calling with RMs to provide transaction banking product solution / technical expertise.
- Ensure the bank’s share of wallet is gained / maintained with the client as per account plan.
- Originate potential Cash management and short-term Trade finance deals for clients / their subsidiaries across the Americas Region.
- Prepare client pitch books, co-ordinate with product teams on target opportunities; manage deal flow communication and track pipeline / revenues.
- Understand client business requirements and propose solutions (i.e. presentations) through consultative selling process, hands-on working with Global Transaction Banking Division (GTBD) product solution team to meet the client needs.
- Lead, manage and execute the client transaction banking RFP process (i.e. forming deal team, evaluate the RFP and make ‘go/no-go’ decision, working with product solution team to define the proposed solution, co-ordinate and collate the responses, complete the final proposal submission)
- Provide inputs and feedback to entire Transaction banking team on client needs and industry trends; market intelligence; and issues that impact the competitiveness.
Key requirements and attributes
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- 7 + years of experience with Transaction Banking (TB) products, preferably managing a portfolio of large MNC’s and medium size corporates (or) a combination of experience in transaction banking sales and treasury management in large corporates.
- Deep and broad knowledge of TB products and solution in cash (payments, collections, liquidity and channel solution), Trade (shot-term trade – LCs, open account products, Guarantees, Supply Chain Management) and transactional FX services.
- Strong understanding of working capital solutions, corporate treasury management practices and advisory services and credit experiences.
- Knowledge of regulatory policies and procedures
- Ability to manage deal coordination across regions / branches and departments
- Hands-on and positive can-do work attitude towards and internal process complexity
- Strong leadership and team building skills. Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work with staff at all levels
- Japanese language is preferred, but not required
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution that offers clients award-winning strategic and creative solutions in corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. We have experts in offices throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Chile. Our operations in the Americas connect our broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities to local markets and the vast global network of our parent company—Mizuho Financial Group.
Mizuho Financial Group is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering comprehensive financial and strategic services including private banking and venture capital through its subsidiaries. Based in Japan, the group has over 56,000 professionals working in 920 offices in nearly 40 countries throughout Asia, EMEA, and the Americas. As of March 31, 2016 its total assets were $1.8 trillion.