Transaction Banking - Product Management, Vice President
Role: Transaction Banking (TB) Product Management Title: Vice President/ Associate -Transaction Banking Solution Organization and Customer Scope
Global Transaction Banking Department (GTBD) Americas Office is providing various transaction banking solution such as payment/collection services, cash management, liquidity managements, trade financing (conventional L/C, Supply Chain Management, Stand-by L/C), FX and treasury related products and solutions. Not only promoting products or providing advice to corporate clients, but products development and planning to enhance services and products are also the unit's main focus. Global Transaction Banking Department Americas office, liaised with its Head Office (H.O.) in Singapore and also various product departments, is hub function for all cash and treasury management products and services in US market including Canada, Mexico and Brazil and also is providing supports to Japanese and US corporate clients. Primary Responsibilities
Deliver best-in-class transaction banking products such as cash management, treasury management, and trade financing products (conventional L/C, Supply Chain Management, Stand-by L/C), as well as FX services to meet clients and business needs in Americas
Manage product development for bank's transaction banking products and also look into ongoing enhancements and improvements of the products.
Market and update industry trend to enhance our product capabilities and support bank's competitiveness.
Co-work and liaise in team-work spirit within GTBD as well as with other related divisions and departments of the bank. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Implement and maintain local cash management products as well as global products. Act as a project manager to coordinate product development project to make sure all the key factors is properly conducted until the product launches.
Well understand HO product development policy and extend continuous efforts for localization.
- Prepare and document business requirements for new products and platforms or for enhancements to existing products and processes.
- Interpret business requirements and assist IT department in understanding requirements.
- Support and coordinate IT department and Operation department to conduct relevant system and user test.
- Handle UAT as a product management department.
- Roll out the product to relevant offices in the region.
- Working with HO product department to bring global common product to Americas and launch the products with localization adjustment to fit into Americas market demand.
- Responsible for successful product roll outs to the market
- Ensuring successful product implementation and post technical improvement.
- Continuous process improvement to keep the products to date in the market.
Support sales officers to provide transaction banking solution to corporate clients including manage RFP, provide technical alternative solution, and customer implementation.
- Translate technical alternatives and solution plans to front teams.
- Support client implementation of the products
- Manage to minimize gaps between client demands and product capabilities.
- Define functional requirements with intensive communications with clients and front officers.
- Co-work bank's IT department and Operation department to realize defined specifications.
- Implement solution to the customer collaborating with relevant team and department in the bank.
Participating internal and external industry conferences to collect latest market trend and corporate treasury needs and share the information within the bank.
Networking with various IT and business processing vendors to update the bank's knowledge of technical aspects.
Administrative and other Duties
Key requirements and attributes:
- Research and analyze regulatory and tax related to corporate cash and treasury management
- Update project management documents and share them in the team
- Support team members to improve and expand knowledge of cash and treasury management area
- Other administrative duties as deemed necessary by Head of Cash Products and Head of Americas
- 5-8 years for experience in TB product management in the region.
- Preferred to have IT background.
- Any ERP such as SAP, Oracle, etc, and/or Treasury Management System such as Treasury Workstation, Kyriba, Reval, etc. knowledge preferred.
- Broad knowledge of TB products and/ or IT solution in cash (payments, collections, liquidity and channel solution), Trade (shot-term trade - LCs, open account products, Guarantees, Supply Chain Management) and transactional FX services
- Basic understanding of working capital solutions, corporate treasury management practices and advisory services and credit experiences.
- Knowledge of regulatory policies and procedures
- Ability to manage project coordination across regions / branches and departments
- Hands-on and positive can-do work attitude towards and internal process complexity
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint to support marketing activities.
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English required, and preferably in Japanese
- Showing leadership and building teamwork in multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work with staff of all levels
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.