- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Trade Sales Consultant-VP
Trade Sales Consultant-VP
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Other Location: United States,California,San Francisco
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Sales
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 50 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18061638
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Trade business has aggressive growth targets for sales in 2018 and 2019. This is a replacement for a successful Director who has recently moved internally to a Solution Sales position in TTS. With the growing number of deals and an improving position vis-à-vis competition, it is critical for the business to be resourced and maintain the growth trajectory.
Position Objective: This role is to sell Citi's Trade capabilities, in particular Trade Finance, Trade Services and Supply Chain Finance, to a defined list of clients located in North America. The sales consultant will be the key client advocate for all of the trade products and ensure that the trade capabilities are delivered and executed to the satisfaction of the client base. Sales will be measured against goals for Wins, revenue growth, calling effort, and pipeline. In addition, this role will include supporting senior members of the team on flagship deals and managing strategic projects and initiatives for North America and/or other regions. This position will report to the North America Trade Sales Head.
Key Responsibilities: The primary focus of this job will be relentless client calling to drive sales against the above mentioned target criteria. In addition it will be to support strategic initiatives such as client events, key product and sector origination initiatives, and MIS; work with corporate banking and Global Solution Sales teams to ensure client access; and finally work with Trade operations and product to ensure robust execution and revenue ramp up for the defined client set.
Development Value: Sales/Relationship management skills, Risk and Credit skills, Strategic leadership, exposure to seniors across the ICG and the globe, extensive client experience and development of expertise in specific client sectors. Ultimately this role could lead to future roles in Trade product areas, other sales roles globally, sales management roles within Trade as well as other client facing organizations such as TTS Solution Sales and/or Corporate banking.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a strong knowledge of Trade Services, Trade Finance and Supply Chain finance
- Has prior experience in a client facing role within the Trade business
- Can articulate to clients the relevance and importance of various concepts pertaining to Trade such as: working capital, cash conversion cycle, risk mitigation, balance sheet management, capital structure
- Can utilize financial statements and internal/external data to originate opportunities within a portfolio of clients
- Is innovative; thinks creatively
- Has a track record of building relationships and coordinating diverse groups to deliver results for our clients
- Is very motivated and considered a self-starter; can succeed with minimal direction
- Has very strong work ethic
- Is very organized and can multitask
- Has a strong knowledge of the Citi network and capabilities, with a solid understanding of Citi Risk and Trade policies
- Has excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Is proficient in the Microsoft Office suite; can not only refine but also prepare presentations / analysis
- Bachelor's Degree required