- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Trade Portfolio Management - VP
Trade Portfolio Management - VP
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Relationship Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18061569
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Export and Agency Finance (EAF) is part of Trade which in turn is part of the Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) Division of Citigroup. EAF arranges short, medium and long term structured financings and provides export financing advice to Citigroup's clients globally. The advice relates to clients in developed and emerging market countries who are engaged in global trade, capital projects and investments. EAF arranges and participates globally in structured financings that manage risk through credit and political risk support from sovereign agencies (including export credit agencies ("ECAs"), multilateral and development finance institutions) and insurers.
This position will be part of the Portfolio Management team and will support EAF in the management and optimization of its Official Agency backed portfolio, by way of managing the portfolio's credit, administrative and operative coordinations once the asset has closed and disbursed.
Main responsibilities will revolve around the optimization and day to day maintenance of the EAF Loan Portfolio. On a deal by deal basis, this could encompass involvement in the administrative process, coordination with third parties, supporting regulatory reviews, monitoring credit activity, processing restructurings/amendments/waivers, leading claim processes on guarantees, liaising with financial control and performing the role of agent. Additionally, on a more holistic basis, to provide up to date consolidated portfolio information to senior management that will be used to drive balance sheet decisions and result in strategic implications for the lending portfolio.
- Part of a high performing team
- Experience gained in managing a portfolio of diverse structures and credits.
- Broad regional business exposure across industries and geographies.
- Strengthening of credit, structuring, and documentation skills.
- Experience in working with a multi-cultural team environment
- Strong financial background
- Minimum of five years of relevant financial sector experience
- Loan portfolio management experience and/or Official Agency experience preferred
- Competent excel knowledge required
- Strong organizational skills required
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Strong analytical skills (credit, documentation skills) is a plus
- Good team working and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate in a complex matrix environment.
- Process driven individual
- Bachelor's degree
- Second language beneficial but not mandatory