Third Party Utility, Assistant Vice President
Third Party Utility, Assistant Vice President Americas Administration Department - Third Party Services Unit
The Third Party Services Unit is responsible for the implementation of the Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) program within the U.S. operations of Mizuho. The Third Party Services Unit is looking for a team member to join its utility team who will facilitate the day-to-day activities of the TPRM program in partnership with the various Mizuho business lines. Summary
The TPU team member will play a critical role in supporting the first line of defense in the implementation of the TPRM program. Responsible for executing third-party risk management activities in support of the Third Party Management Program, including the implementation of key, standardized processes related to compliance with Mizuho's policies and standards; guiding and liaising with internal and external stakeholders; monitoring the timely and effective completion of pre-contract due diligence and post-contract ongoing monitoring activities; and providing input and support for the reporting of third-party related metrics. The TPU team member will also provide guidance and support to business owners and other internal stakeholders through all phases of the program. Responsibilities
- Execute common, standardized third-party risk management processes, managed centrally by the TPU. For example:
- Monitor news information on third parties and issue alerts for those items deemed noteworthy
- Evaluate third-party geographic concentration and level of dependency
- Liaise directly with internal partners and third parties on pre-contract due diligence and post-contract ongoing monitoring activities
- Gather and perform initial review documentation related to a third party's internal controls (e.g., SOX compliance, internal / external audit reports, BCP/DR plans, fourth party/subcontractor management) before facilitating for subject matter expert team
- Provide support to businesses for the execution of third-party risk management activities, including:
- Monitoring third party's performance to SLAs
- Monitoring customer complaints related to third parties
- Evaluation and monitoring of third party's dependence on subcontractors
- Ad Hoc support and education to the business related to third party technology platform, third party workflow and process
Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the desired knowledge, skill and/or ability for the position.
- Maintain relevant databases and provide data input to support reporting and metrics
- Bachelor's degree
- Preferred 3+ years of direct, relevant experience in third-party risk identification and management, operational risk management, compliance and/or audit
- Ideal candidate would have experience in the financial services industry and a working knowledge of banking regulatory requirements
- Experience with eGRC platform(s)
- Understanding of the risk governance three lines of defense
- Strong organization skills, with proven ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
- Self-starter with the ability to operate as both an individual and team oriented environment based on the required deliverable
- Detail oriented, with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to see the big picture accounting for both the team and stakeholders involved
- Strong risk, process, and project management skills with proven ability to influence and drive results across a diverse team of stakeholders
- Relationship management skills with ability to build partnerships across businesses
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications, VBA / Macros experience a plus
- Professional certifications a plus, including CTPRP, CISSP, CISA or equivalent
- Japanese speaking a plus, but not required
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.