Technology Risk Analyst
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 16 Jan 19
Technology Risk Analyst
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
The Technology Risk Analyst is responsible for providing IT risk advisory services across specified domains of Technology organizations within New York Life.
This individual will be core to the second line of defense and perform IT Risk Management functions. Focus is on 2nd line activates of Governance, IT Risk Advisory and IT Controls oversight. This includes updating the Enterprise Risk Registers for Technology Risk, collaboration with other 2nd line teams to define controls and optimize control framework, and ownership of policies and standards as necessary. This role will also be responsible for identification, evaluation and reporting of risk as well as the evaluation of risk remediation tasks and plans.
- Act as primary liaison to work with Technology teams regarding IT Risk and Control objectives
- Close partnership with Technology 1st line Risk team as well as other 2nd line functions
- Evaluate initiatives and/or technology groups/functions to identify and score Criticality, Inherent Risk and Residual Risk
- Identify process improvement activities, and advise and assist in reducing risk / improving technology controls wherever possible.
- Evaluation of IT risk assessments to identify and report recurring risk themes
- Monitoring of IT controls implementation
- Validation of risk remediation actions taken by Technology teams
- Acting as the primary escalation point for Technology risk
- Escalation of issues to Technology Chief Risk Officer and other senior management as appropriate
- Authoring and governing IT Risk Policies and Standards as needed
- Other related tasks as necessary
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business, Finance or related field.
- CRISC or CISA certification preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in Technology Risk, Operational Risk or related field.
- Experience in working with or for Technology teams
- Broad Operational Risk, risk management and/or consulting experience
- Understanding of key industry control frameworks such as COSO, COBIT, etc.
- Moderate-level knowledge and understanding of systems architecture, infrastructure, security and applications
- Experience in planning, organizing and conducting detailed Risk Assessments
- Experience in performing and documenting business process and technology process walkthroughs
- Ability to interpret and understand Technology and Technology Risk policies and standards
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.