- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Technology Relationship Manager - Emerging Corporates - San Francisco
Technology Relationship Manager - Emerging Corporates - San Francisco
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Relationship Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18050848
Citi® Commercial Bank (CCB) is part of Citi, a leading global financial services company that has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in over 160 countries.
CCB has operations in over 30 countries with local expertise contributed by in-country relationship managers. CCB embodies our unique purpose as a global bank of choice for trade-oriented, mid-sized companies that see us as trusted thought partners who bring simplicity in an increasingly complex world. We develop client-centric solutions for their long term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision. The US CCB targets clients with revenues between $10 million and $3 billion. Our bankers support a wide range of financial solutions: working capital, term loans and M&A financing, treasury and liquidity management services, foreign exchange, trade finance and interest rate derivatives. We provide specialty lending including loan syndications and asset-based lending.
The Digital Venture Banking group is a new group within the US CCB to cover clients in the Tech and Digital space, including, but not limited to, the following types of companies:
- Digital Marketplaces (B2B and B2C)
- Online Merchants
- Online Games
- Software developers and publishers (including enterprise software, Saas, PaaS, etc.)
- Social Media and Search Engines
- Online media
- Business models or products heavily reliant on embedded software or the Internet
The Digital Venture Banking group will be reporting into our GNI (Global & National Industries) Technology Media and Telecom segment and will be focused on banking privately held emerging-growth companies that are VC-backed Series A or later-stage US-headquartered companies with revenues between $10 million and $100 million.
Growth in this segment is based on a prudent and organized approach to client selection and capital allocation to ensure we are developing strong relationships with clients who seek Citi's unique value proposition based on our global platform and sophisticated product set, including the investment banking services offered through the bank's Institutional Clients Group (ICG). For the day-to-day banking, the vast majority of Venture Banking clients use CitiDirect, Citibank's web-based global banking platform that supports a full range of transaction and reporting capabilities in a secure environment.
Success requires a skill set and experience that allows the bank to offer customers and prospects more complex products and customized transaction structures. Our Relationship Managers are responsible for evaluating and meeting clients' needs by efficiently utilizing the bank's resources across the globe. They work closely with partners in Cash Management, FX trading and Credit Risk to conduct in-depth analysis and customize solutions. They are held accountable for maintaining and growing relationships successfully over time.
Key Responsibilities :
- Serve as a trusted advisor to CEOs and CFOs providing creative financial solutions and superior execution. Gain client confidence and trust to achieve first right of refusal on clients' business opportunities.
- Actively build a pipeline and call on clients and develop relationships at multiple levels across the client's organization.
- Build and maintain partner relationships with influential organizations and leaders in the tech community.
- Expertly structure deals to balance risk and reward with early-stage, VC-backed, growth companies in the Tech and Digital sectors.
- Closely support clients to identify business opportunities and anticipate potential risks. Proactively take action on possible risk issues and concerns.
- Develop and execute both short and long-term plans to differentiate Citibank from other, entrenched competitors allowing the bank higher share of wallet and relationship profitability.
- Partner with product specialists to develop a comprehensive, tailored relationship plan for each client and prospect that identifies business opportunities and targets specific action items to provide multi-product banking solutions to clients.
- Partner with other Citi businesses (particularly ICG) to ensure support to overall client and franchise objectives.
- Demonstrate strong and visible leadership and foster positive attitudes and trust among clients, prospects, and employees.
- Maintain frequent interaction with centers of influence (both external and internal), industry associations, community leaders, and senior business contacts.
- Strictly adhere to internal organizational and control policies such as the account opening protocols of accurate collection, completion and updating of all required documentation.
- Ensure that the organization's activities are carried out in accordance with all regulatory, legal, and governmental regulations.
- This position requires moderate travel, depending on the portfolio mix
- Minimum of 10 years of relationship management experience with clients in the technology or related space with VC-backed growth-stage companies in the $10MM-$100MM revenue segment. Minimum overall banking experience of 12 years.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred.
- Experience in structuring and closing global cash management and FX solutions for clients with international presence.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of banking products and services typically utilized by Early Stage clients in the Tech and Digital space
Skills and Abilities :
- Self-starter, able to work independently and used to work in an entrepreneurial environment that facilitates build out of a world class Tech and Digital segment.
- Be highly adaptable and goal oriented individual who must meet stretch targets in a fast paced and complex environment
- Thrive in a flat organizational structure leveraging talented junior resources to meet personal and business goals.
- Possess superior business development focus and demonstrate innovative financial solutions and structures to client situations.
- Be highly focused, able to rapidly determine key priorities, clearly communicate priorities, and ensure resources are properly aligned.
- Able to demonstrate sound credit judgement during transaction structuring and present compelling proposals to credit officers and secure buy in. Formal credit training required.
- Demonstrate excellent presence and interpersonal skills that allow development of relationships at multiple levels within the client organization.
- Demonstrate strong financial and analytic skills and ability to rapidly assimilate complex information.
- Possess superior communication, persuasion, and influence skills that facilitate successful client pitches and proposals.