Technology Content Specialist
New York | Stamford
Point72 A Career with Point72's Technology Group:
Our Technology department employs 140+ people and delivers all technology solutions used within the firm. We are looking for extraordinarily bright, articulate and dedicated computer science or information systems professionals to join our team. If you want to join a world-class investment management organization that operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and rewards talent with recognition and increased responsibility, then this is the right opportunity. Our team seeks individuals that are highly proficient in their respective technology platform, articulate, solution driven, client focused and proactive in building their technology skills.
What you'll do
- Innovation & Excellence: A successful team member has excellent broad technical and problem-solving skills including the ability to innovate, drive change, and can quickly adapt to changing processes, priorities, languages, and ideas.
- Integrity: We uphold the highest standards of ethics and integrity. Our work is truthful, direct and unbiased. We protect sensitive and confidential information and exercise discretion in all aspects of our work.
- Courage: we are not afraid to fail. We accomplish difficult and high-stakes tasks in an environment with a high degree of uncertainty. We will sometimes be wrong, but we will always learn from our mistakes and improve.
- Curiosity: we always ask "why?" We don't accept the first answer or the easy answer; we strive for understanding. We do not report information; we provide insight and analysis by putting information into context. We solve puzzles even when we don't have all the pieces.
The Content and Collaboration Specialist will be responsible for creating and managing a tech talk series across the technology organization to drive cross team collaboration, trust and understanding between people and share updates on major projects and introduce new initiatives.
- Lead the creation, documentation and approval of processes for tech talk content
- Establish an appropriate schedule for tech talk frequency
- Maintain an ongoing list of speakers (internal and external) and map out each quarter/year
- Establish a content review process to determine relevance of content
- Establish a process for reviewing content to be presented
- Identify a pilot group to review each tech talk and provide feedback in preview before live talk
- Utilize feedback surveys and analyze results to manage content for future talks
- Record and publicize each talk to be shared with the entire company
- Create invite for each talk to encourage maximum attendance
- Determine invite list and maintain the list to add new hires or remove leavers
We take care of our people
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- 10+ years experience with technical writing and creating compelling content
- 10+ years experience in event management
- Experience creating processes from scratch
- Experience collaborating and communicating with stakeholders across the organization
- Comfortable networking with external parties to build a list of external speakers
- Experience working in a technology organization is a plus.
- Experience in financial services is a plus
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry's brightest talent. We're inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here .
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.