Technical Solutions Manager
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
Technical Solutions Manager
The Role: Technical Solutions Manager
The Location: New York, New York
The Team: This role reports to the Director, Global Content Management Systems.
As a Technical Solutions Manager you will work closely with Editorial Systems, Architecture, Platts Business development and IT teams on the core of the Platts technologies. The candidate will be responsible for building and solutioning new platforms, modernizing legacy platforms into new and improved platforms. The candidate requires deep technical knowledge and experience as this position will influence several platforms which empower the key business process of Platts.
What's in it for you:
Opportunity to work with a thought leading and highly experienced team in the industry.
- Work closely with Architecture, Technology, and Program Management team on individual Editorial applications/capabilities like Content Creation, Newsletter platforms, Real time news platforms, Price Reporting and Content Packaging, Distribution and Delivery within the GES segment of Platts.
- Formulate and Build - Application and Technology Architecture concepts, mapping Requirements to well defined technical components and component connectors.
- Create architecture artifacts for Application, Technology and Infrastructure.
- Formulate Performance Architecture concepts in editorial based projects.
- Create Information modeling, conceptual, logical and physical data modeling concepts.
- Build Information Architecture components and Data flow, Data create and Data manage models.
- Lead the work on different technology integration interfaces for - Authentication, Content Creation, Content Archiving, Publishing, Packaging, Enrichment and Delivery.
- Lead the process of capacity planning and building the physical architecture for Editorial applications within GES.
- Lead process of identifying and building the technology/non-functional requirements for Editorial applications within GES.
- Technically mentor and guide - vendor, dev, and technical support and operation teams to build and support global highly available systems within GES.
What we're looking for:
- Confident and articulate in presentation
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
- Constantly strives to discover and learn new technologies
- Ability to balance business priorities with technical requirements
- This job requires broad understanding of modern application frameworks and best practices around each layer of the OSI model
- Experience in working with various databases and data architectures - RDMS, NoSQL and Graph databases.
- Experience in working with the DevOps practices, and using tools/technologies for Configuration Management (Ansible), Build pipelines (CI/CD) for software build automation and delivery.
- Lead and coordinate technical activities involving various teams across database, networking, development and operations.
- Experience of architecting software solutions with demanding non-functional requirements
- Experience in security, single sign on, high availability, scalability, Service-Oriented/API, containers including virtualization and Micro services.
- Hands on experience designing Rich User Interface (responsive applications)
- Business services (REST, SOAP), and data taxonomies and underlying support (RDBMD, NoSQL).
- Experience of integration patterns and technologies - REST/SOAP/Messaging/ Micro services
- Experience working with XML based content management systems(CMS)
- Drive the definition and adoption of enterprise reference architectures and development standards using frameworks like TOGAF.
- Must have a strong understanding of Source Control - Subversions, Build - Maven, Test/Automated Test- JUnit, SOAPUI, CI/CD.
- Must have experience in preparing technical artifacts, coordinate working POCs and evolve to deployable code, ability to present designs to peers.