- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Technical Sales - Credit Risk Measurement & Modelling Services
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
- Qualify prospects, generate leads through territory sales/marketing campaigns and manage multiple sales cycles concurrently
- Lead and support the pre-sales efforts for analytical products related to firm-specific credit risk measures and their application to risk and trading analyses.
- Assist our clients in the use of our credit models for purposes of risk monitoring, credit origination and rich/cheap bond trading analysis. Convey industry practices and assist clients with the implementation of these tools within their existing credit processes.
- Manage client evaluations of these products and provide insight with respect to analyzing their portfolio. Lead product demonstrations, describe benefits of our models, answer product and model questions.
- Position value proposition to senior managers, end users and support staff. Present the value in a way that resonates with different constituents within a client organization.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (e.g., marketing, product and research teams) to provide market feedback and input to development priorities
The Department / Team - Sales Organization Solution Specialist team (subject matter experts)
Qualifications & Experience:
- Knowledge of financial theory, Black-Scholes options models, regression models and drivers of fundamental credit analysis
- Strong understanding of financial statement analysis, accounting concepts, statistics
- Bachelor degree with an emphasis in Finance, Economics, Operations Research, mathematics or equivalent; and/or MBA or CFA Designation
- Knowledge of financial services and/or capital markets, as well as bank/insurance practices and regulation
- Proven ability to develop and qualify leads, manage a prospect through a sales cycle, and attain sales goals
- Adhere to sales discipline with respect to forecasting, funnel management, structured trial evaluations and account prioritization; Miller Heiman Training a plus
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to convey complex theoretical concepts to prospects/clients, in a straightforward manner
- Composure and maturity in making presentations
- Excellent interpersonal skills; experience in client service related positions highly desired
- Creative problem solving and excellent diagnostic skills
- Ability to work independently with focus and attention to detail, as well as in a collaborative team-oriented sales culture
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with short deadlines
- Demonstrated creativity, flexibility, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.