Technical Project Manager - Exchanges
You're on the pulse with market movements and live for the details beyond the headlines. You love to establish relationships and always look to provide excellent customer service. As a natural problem solver, you thrive with building innovative solutions to sophisticated problems. The Role:
Bloomberg's Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) is seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our team. For this role, we are looking for an outstanding professional who has a mixture of strong analytical, project management, and technology skills and an ability to bring an entrepreneurial vision to our Exchanges team. The Exchanges team supports over 350 trading venues globally and is constantly looking to improve our technical capabilities to effectively run our market leading exchange content.
Market Data Project Managers are responsible for formulating and delivering end-to-end technology solutions in line with strategic business objectives. They understand how market data is used by various Bloomberg products and customers and can collaborate with internal and external partners to implement enterprise wide initiatives. They are highly analytical individuals who can innovate and deliver in a multifaceted and constantly evolving, technical environment. We'll trust you to:
Demonstrate your experience in the financial industry and understanding of market data and technology to develop strategies to influence and advise the strategic direction of Bloomberg's exchange infrastructure. You'll not only excel in leading day-to-day projects but you'll also keep an eye on the big picture and won't be afraid to upend existing systems and processes if need be. You'll periodically review the alignment of our technology with the business strategy and drive initiatives to constantly raise the bar of our capabilities to acquire and handle exchange content. How you will make an impact:
You'll need to have:
- Champion projects sought to transform Bloomberg's technical and business capabilities to handle exchange services
- Build and handle the plans for moving technical solutions to production
- Utilize your strong analytic abilities to devise innovative market data technology solutions to influence the strategic direction of Bloomberg's infrastructure
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Form relationships with internal and external partners to understand their business needs; build consensus and strategies to deliver on those needs
- Proactively lead changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans
- Effectively communicate progress and success to partners in compelling, creative, and accessible ways
- Develop and deliver reports & requirements documentation
- Build a rapport with programmers - keeping them focused and projects moving
Does this sound like you?
- Expertise with how market data is used by different Bloomberg products and customers
- Shown industry experience, with a passion for leading projects involving new technology
- Experience handling financial technology projects involving teams of Engineers
- A desire to increase knowledge of software, network architecture and low latency parsers and systems
- Ability to discuss deep technical concepts, evaluate trade-offs and devise innovative solutions with engineers
- Understanding of financial markets and the exchange market data industry
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Experience leading cross-organizational teams and ability to work closely with engineers to deliver on daring schedules
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving aptitude
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to influence and lead with and without authority
- Provide detailed project plans and project management/governance across the entire life of the project by coordinating with relevant Bloomberg departments, the client and third party vendor applications
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.