Technical Project Manager
Lazard, one of the world's preeminent financial advisory and asset management firms, operates from 43 cities across 27 countries in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Central and South America. With origins dating to 1848, the firm provides advice on mergers and acquisitions, strategic matters, restructuring and capital structure, capital raising and corporate finance, as well as asset management services to corporations, partnerships, institutions, governments and individuals. For more information on Lazard, please visit www.lazard.com .
We are looking for a technical project manager to join our IT department. This individual will be supporting the development team that builds the information systems for Lazard Financial Advisory. This role will work closely with business owners, internal clients, and the development team. Key Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain a technology project plan, which outlines a project's tasks, milestone dates, status, and allocation of resources to stakeholders and other interested parties.
• Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
• Communicate project plans/milestones with stakeholders.
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects.
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
• Report and escalate to management as needed
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Manage our agile development process by organizing and estimating our sprints.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget. Key Skills:
• Proficiency in project management software tools(Jira, Confluence).
• Experience working in Microsoft office specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
• Familiar with different programming languages and their uses.
• Up to date and understands current technology platforms, especially cloud platforms like AWS. Desired Candidate Profile:
• BA/BS or equivalent is required.
• PMP or other project management certifications preferably with focus on Scrum.
• 7+ year's project management experience in IT.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects and timelines while being detail oriented.
• Ability to work independently, knowing when to escalate issues as appropriate.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate as part of a team and take on additional responsibilities as required.
• Accountability and willingness to be pro-active in learning and improving the quality of deliverables and efficiency of processes.
• Relevant experience in financial services or asset management preferred.