- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Technical Project Manager
Location: New York, NY, USA
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that align with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Conduct daily and weekly meetings with global Moody's teams.
- Work with our managers to build DevOps capable teams that drive fast time-to-market.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Coordinate acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, managers, and in-house accountants and negotiating price and payment agreements with vendors.
- Anticipate details of future projects by communicating directly with customers and staying informed of relevant trends and industry news.
- Provide detailed status reports. Provide updates to management teams, accurately communicating progress and risks.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction
Interactions are with leads and managers on tracking of day-to-day project execution. Close interactions with staff on tracking execution of project plans.
Moody's Information Technology ("MIT") is the largest department of Moody's Shared Services and provides end-to-end technology solutions for Moody's Investors Service and Moody's Shared Services, as well as infrastructure services for Moody's Analytics. The development and ongoing support of key ratings and enterprise systems ensure the company's premier standing among credit rating agencies and enable its evolution among regulatory and business demands. MIT continuously seeks talented individuals to drive the execution of its technology roadmap, which offers exciting career opportunities in software development, project management, business analysis, enterprise architecture, quality assurance, vendor management, technology operations and service management.
We are actively seeking a talented and experienced technical project manager to oversee a wide variety of projects from conceptual design through implementation. You will coordinate on-going software development work with the software configuration management and quality engineering teams. These teams are Moody's employees who work in our NYC offices at 1 WTC, and in our offshore offices in India and other potential locations. You will bring strong project management and technical skills and will be able to clearly and capably report status, metrics and risks to stakeholders on our management teams. We will be looking to your problem-solving and leadership skills to assist us in building high-performing teams with a focus on incorporating the latest technologies and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive leadership experience and strong teaming abilities.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong background in Agile software development practices. Scrum master certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Jira and its agile functionality and capability.
- Knowledge of network and IT systems structure and administration.
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and practices.
- Minimum three years management experience in the IT field, including software development projects, interactions with customers and stakeholders.
- Previous work as a developer strongly preferred. Strong knowledge of software configuration management systems, software testing methods and concepts.
- Previous work with global teams driving and tracking projects..
- Willing to occasionally travel up to 15%.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.