Technical Product Manager, Associate
Description About this role About SMA Tech
SMA Tech is a product team within BlackRock's Aladdin Wealth Technology organization that builds a digital platform for a high-growth product area: Separately Managed Accounts (SMA) and model portfolios. Our vision is to push the boundaries on mass personalization to deliver personalized portfolio management and informative experiences for financial advisors and end investors. About this role
SMA Tech Product Managers work with teams across design, engineering, operations, legal, compliance, marketing, and broader BlackRock to build products advisors love and trust. We are looking for Product Manager with a high level of ownership to own substantive portions of the SMA Tech Portfolio Management platform, and push the platform into the future. Key Responsibilities
- Product Depth: Exceptional ability to understand the needs and desires of portfolio management and trading functions, deeply and broadly. Bonus if you've worked with or for an asset management firm or in some capacity interacted with capital markets (trading, buy side portfolio management, etc.).
- Product Story: Define the product story - both short term and long-term strategic vision. Champion the SMA Tech agenda throughout the firm and the industry
- Marketplace Expertise: Knowledge of wealth management firms and their needs, the opportunities, the competitors, and other software platforms and services with which we integrate
- Dedication to build: Influence and lead a large-scale virtual product team; educate and receive feedback, so we can build tangible prototype that results in real business benefit and happy clients
- Product Enhancement: Ability to ideate new features or improvements. Ability to design for the user and for defensibility in a highly regulated space. This includes not only the user value, but also channel dynamics, sponsor value, and competitive positioning
- Ability to execute: Drive execution against our roadmap and vision, efficiently bringing our plans and designs to real-life use. Run point on operational issues that come up day-to-day by understanding, finding root cause solutions, and driving closure
- Research driven: Integrate primary research, usability studies, and rigorous validation processes into your idea generation and product design process
- Metrics Oriented: Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products, holding yourself and your team accountable for the goals you set
- Technical Partnership: Partner with engineers throughout the development process from idea conception to product launch
- 1Aladdin & BlackRock engagement: Drive colleague engagement toward the SMA Tech vision. Establish a clear and shared vision for your area of ownership with consensus and excitement across the firm
- 4+ years of experience product management experience, ideally in wealth management or asset management
- Experience working within or with U.S. wealth management / SMA firms or experience building for portfolio managers and traders as users
- Software Product Managers with or pursuing the CFA charter will have an advantage in this role
- Track record of building outstanding products that delight your users and produce clear business impact
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects affecting many functions, including product, engineering, operations, compliance, and sales. Ability to direct major cross-functional initiatives with effective prioritization and influence
- Experience collecting both internal and external customer feedback and requests, empathizing with their challenges and opportunities, and prioritizing roadmaps to optimize results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations and communicate up and down the organization
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving and planning skills
- Strong technical abilities with an ability to get in the weeds where necessary
- Bachelor's degree required
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.