My client are one of the top global multi-strategy quant driven hedge funds in the world with multi billion $ aum. They have built up a first class track record and have a global presence. They hire exceptionally talented quants, engineers and traders from a wide range of academic backgrounds. Their culture is one of the best in the business, they have a very flat collaborative structure and promote personal skill development.
They are currently looking for a Technical Operations Engineer to join the team in New York. This is a well-established and profitable team, and you will be providing support for their real-time trading system, managing and improving operational infrastructure and dealing with front office technical issues. They are interested in seeing candidates from Trade Support, Application Support, Production Support and SRE type backgrounds with exceptional communication skills who enjoy troubleshooting and interacting with stakeholders. The role involves heavy interaction with developers, quants, and traders.
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or similar
- You will be comfortable working in a UNIX environment and will be proficient in UNIX shell/bash/perl scripting
- You will have a keen interest in debugging code, excellent communication skills, careful attention to detail, able to prioritise effectively
- You will be able to identify the source of a problem and pursue them to resolution
- Prior experience in a technical operations/devops/sit reliability engineer role is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic understanding of statistics and probability