About Markit Digital
We design, develop, and host data-rich, full-featured, high-traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients. Markit Digital Development teams use their passion for programming and problem-solving to produce feature-rich applications that deliver value for our customers. With a dedication to continual improvement, our team members challenge themselves each day to expand their knowledge base and produce solutions that are maintainable, extensible, and elegant. We take great pride in our work, share our expertise and ideas to achieve common goals, and aspire to learn more. Our products benefit millions of users across the world and are designed from the ground up to deliver content efficiently and effectively. We have adopted an Agile Development Methodology, and are committed to continually improving within this model.
https://www.builtincolorado.com/company/ihs-markit-digital What you'll do:
As a results-oriented Technical Manager, you are responsible for coaching one or more scrum teams in order to successfully deliver a variety of projects for our end customers.
What we look for:
- Serve as line manager, mentor, and coach for all technology members of the scrum Development team
- Drive continual improvements in the delivery process, overall product quality, and innovation
- Oversee team staffing, ensuring that the correct skill sets and personalities are represented in order to maximize team effectiveness
- Demonstrate team value to the business through both the definition and measurement of quarterly objectives.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Scrum Masters and technical team members to ensure projects are well planned and team is positioned for success
- Attract and develop agile talent
- Align Teams to business outcomes
- Measure team health, maturity, performance
- Provide active coaching to advance individual towards their career goals
- Facilitate professional development
What We Offer
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Demonstrated success building and leading full stack development teams
- Experience managing direct reports
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Comfortable leading meetings and presenting in front of groups of colleagues or clients.
- Strong problem solving skills - ability to evaluate and solve complex problems in conventional and non-conventional ways
- Proven ability to thrive under tight deadlines while successfully supporting multiple projects of varying size and complexity
- Background in the execution of DevOps methodologies and continuous integration
- Experience guiding teams through the full software development life cycle
- Ability to build strong bonds with employees to foster open, honest and candid communication
- Prior experience in a Lead Developer role providing technical guidance to teams of full stack developers
- Knowledge of Financial domain
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php .
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated base salary range for this role would be between $91,080 and $120,000. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. T he company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.