- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Apr 19
The Role: Senior Technical Lead
Grade ( relevant for internal applicants only ): 12
The Location: New York
The Team: As a Technical Lead, you will be part of a leadership team responsible for coaching and mentoring talented software developers, working in an agile environment and guiding the detailed level Architecture for the applications that fall within the purview of this team, working in collaboration with the Enterprise Architecture team.
The Impact: You will directly impact and influence product delivery, team growth, culture and employee engagement. Our software evolves through continuous innovation and we are always on the lookout for new technologies that allow us to improve our products, quality, end user experience and infrastructure.
What's in it for you: This is an opportunity to be a technical hands-on leader responsible for our client facing API and messaging platforms.
- Partner with product management/product owner.
- Set & vet the architecture direction
- Identify and consolidate duplicate product functionality, infrastructure environments and teams
- Ensure development teams estimate development effort by breaking down components into work items
- Ensure resource assignment to work items and ensure deadlines are meet
- Provide software development progress reports to executive management
- Get into the user stories and code to validate engineering direction and design
- Work closely with application support to ensure escalated items are addressed accordingly
- Improve quality and stability of the platforms to customers' satisfaction
- Ensure production operations of 99.99% uptime
- Partner with infrastructure to efficiently manage the AWS environments. Implement elastic infrastructure to control costs.
- Lead technology audit compliance based on regulators
- Provide mentoring and guidance to team members
- Continually work on process improvement
- Stay current with modern software development technology
What We're Looking For:
- Experience partnering with Product Management and Product Owners in an agile SDLC
- Prior experience building platforms
- Prior development and management of cloud based software with 1,000's of users is a must
- Must come from a software development background. Prior experience as a software engineer.
- Intimate knowledge of Internet development, Java or .NET and Oracle RAC
- Previous architecture experience with large scale cloud-based software
- Experience in JMS, IBM MQ and messaging technologies will be a plus
- Prior experience with FIX protocol will be a plus.
- Experience in a regulated industry or extensive SSAE16/SOC1 experience
- Prior experience developing editorial or content systems and excel add-in is a plus
- JMS, Kafka, AWS messaging and IBM MQ.
- Memory caching
- Java/.NET web application development
- JSON, XML, XSL, XPATH
- FIX protocol
- Oracle and Marklogic databases
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Sciences
- Preferably at least 10+ years of software development experience
- Experience managing application integration projects
- Experience managing an agile SDLC, preferable SCRUM
- Advanced knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts and relational data modeling
- Strong Object Oriented Design, Relational Database Design, and XML Design
- Ability to collaborate and brainstorm in a team environment
- AWS and or Azure cloud certification is a plus.
- Java/.NET/AWS certification is a plus
- Expertise in JMS and Messaging technologies like Kafka, IBM-MQ will be a plus.
About Company Statement:
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.