- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
MS Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology is the global technology department responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of the technical solutions behind the products and services used by the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) business. The department is comprised of 10 organizations: Sales, Banking & Corporate-Client Technology, Investment Products & Markets Technology, Client Reporting, Core Processing, Private and International Wealth Management Technology, Technology Integration Office, Enterprise Infrastructure & Production Management, Capital Markets Application & Data Services, Deployment Planning & Release Management, and the Chief Operating Office. Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology works with large scale databases such as DB2 and SQL Server, proprietary and non-proprietary messaging software, a broad variety of vendor products, numerous financial exchanges and regulatory entities, and programming languages ranging from .Net and Java to Cobol and VB.Net.
This position is for a Development Lead for projects on Advisory & Planning projects.
This candidate will lead the development team and will work across the Wealth Management IT organization to ensure the system meets all technical specifications. They will also work with the program/project managers, business/data analysts and the business sponsors to define the future strategy of the project.
The Candidate will play a key role in the execution of the Program and will:
- Work with senior Business Partners and Program Management team to define strategy
- Evaluate the Project?s architecture and identify opportunities for broadening the scope of the solution
- Ensure adherence to the standard SDLC processes
- Ensure all Technology and Information Risk guidelines are followed
- Evaluate the existing states and help to define the future state architecture and solutions. Lead the development of the same
- Manage the global development team and define the staffing requirements to support the development needs of the project
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the highest level of quality
- Mentor team members
- Work with application support teams to ensure timely issue resolution and thorough support processes
- Be self-motivated, flexible, highly adaptable and an excellent team player, and be prepared to work in a global virtual team along with NY and offshore team members
Required Skills / Must haves:
- Proven track record managing the development of large scale multi-tiered applications in a Microsoft .NET environment
- Strong people management and development skills
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple development projects at once
- Significant content knowledge of Advisory platform
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), listening skills, influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to develop and foster relationships with resources outside of direct-control
- Full software development life cycle experience
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 10+ years of Development Management in a high paced, pressure oriented environment
- 3-5 years of experience in the goals based wealth management within the financial services industry
- Experience with performance trouble shooting and remediation
- Ability to develop and follow change management processes for consistent and maintainable versions
- Knowledge of tools like Grunt or Gulp
- Expert at CSS
- Expert at HTML
- Comfortable with source control tools preferably GIT
- REST API
Secondary Skills / Desired skills
- Exposure to the financial services industry
- Management experience in onsite-offshore model