Team Lead, Private Banking
- The Team Lead, Private Banker, with guidance, helps manage the day-to-day client relationships; onboarding of new clients; assisting clients with inquiries/requests; verifying client documentation; facilitating new account openings/modifications/loan requests; executing/managing projects relative to the business; preparing Bankers for client calls/initiatives; audit responses and other business administrative needs.
- Supports team with strategic plan of managing and growing existing client relationships, with a focus on revenue retention. Identifies opportunities for incremental account growth.
- Will assist Private Bankers on accounts to gain breadth/depth of knowledge.
- Consult with clients; promote firm services/product offerings that solve client challenges and achieve account growth.
- Research client issues and bring to resolution; assists clients with servicing needs.
- Maintains client database, ensuring data integrity and quality assurance.
- May prepare/maintain divisional reports. May be assigned as owner/expert of a particular process or product.
- Responsibilities include tracking of sales activities, implementation of new compliance and operations procedures/programs, management of sensitive client issues, participation in the management of projects impacting client service delivery, liaison with other sales groups on banking, compliance and client service matters.
- Conduct frequent and regular check-ins with assigned clients, ensuring their continued satisfaction and strategic alignment with firm services/product offerings. Continually evaluate client needs and ensure sustained client engagement.
- Uses knowledge of client issues and needs to contribute to business development efforts.
- Work closely with banking teams to ensure relationship management strategy is executed.
- Keep abreast of client account activity occurring throughout the firm and may serve as the ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction.
- May work with others (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure client needs are being addressed and to proactively inform clients of industry developments or firm thought leadership.
- Ensures client onboarding and/or risk management activities are conducted and captured (KYC, BAC, etc.).
- No direct reports; provides guidance to less experienced team members.
- Supports multiple, complex client accounts.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred. 3-5 years of client service experience with banking products (including lending, deposit, brokerage).
- Experience in Relationship Management, Client Services or Account Management preferred.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.