Who we are:
The Bloomberg Engineering Data Technologies Department engineers systems and models that serve billions of data points to some of the World's most discerning customers each day. The Data Science team is a dynamic, collaborative and intellectually stimulating bunch, working together on interesting problems to bring impact to our customers and clients. We care deeply about building a diverse, inclusive organization, and hope that you can join us in this exciting work! What we do:
At Bloomberg, our systems ingest hundreds of billions of market data ticks and millions of curated news stories for financial players to process and make investment decisions. Our company-wide machine learning efforts enhance our clients' ability to find the right pieces of information that are necessary to succeed in their jobs.
In our Data Science team, we are transforming the technology, the data and the insights that Bloomberg provides to our customers across the global financial sector, using data science and machine learning. What's in it for you:
You will work alongside world-class talent to find innovative solutions to some of the most interesting problems in the Financial Industry (and beyond!) using natural language processing, information extraction and statistical analyses. In collaboration with colleagues in Engineering, the CTO office, the Data group and the Product organization, you will be working with complex datasets, developing machine learning solutions that drive business value for the company, and contributing to setting best practices for machine learning applications across the firm. You'll need to have:
We'd like to see:
- Advanced degree (Master's or PhD) or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in applying natural language processing and/or information extraction techniques for industrial applications using distributed computing technologies
- 2+ years of people management or leadership experience in a team of applied ML practitioners
- Experience interviewing candidates, providing input on hiring decisions and dedicated to actively promoting a diverse and inclusive team environment
- Experience partnering with peers and leaders in other functions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership, mentoring, and teaching skills in emerging practices in NLP and/or information extraction.
- Track record of hiring experienced candidates in software engineering or data science roles
- Experience leading a distributed and remote team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We encourage individuals that identify with historically underrepresented backgrounds in tech to reach out if our team's work excites you. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.